TMS and TMC Voting

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Vinz

TMS and TMC Voting

Post by Vinz »

Clok has now officially been authorized by TMS(Top mud sites) for voting. This means we can get back into the running of pushing Clok to the top charts and hopefully bringing in more players. You may vote once a day and we encourage you to do so. We have placed a link on the front page of the Wiki but also will leave the link in this page. Please do what you can to help Clok reach the position is rightly deserves!

Thank you for all your efforts!

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-clok.html

TMC (The Mud Connector) also allows us to vote for Clok, but the process is slightly more complicated. If your interested you will need to make an account on TMC and log in. Then go to the following address below! We thank you if you take the extra time to vote here as well!

http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... i?mud=CLOK
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
Jirato
DEV

Re: TMS and TMC Voting

Post by Jirato »

I'm really happy to see that we've only been on TMS for 3 days and we're already 65. I'm not sure how feasible a top 20 spot is with our numbers, but it makes me really happy to see people are voting. Keep it up!
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

We're climbing ever-so-slightly on TMC. If we crack down right at a voting reset, we can get to the top 10 pretty easily - it doesn't take a whole lot, it's just maintaining the lead that requires a little dedication on peoples' part - please vote every day if you enjoy CLOK!
The lore compels me!
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I've voted on top mud sites, and would love to go on and help talk it up,, but sadly I can't solve their captcha
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
xavier

Post by xavier »

making the top 20 in TMS will be pretty difficult as it is competing with muds that have players on average of 50 voting twice a day. top 5 slots are like 200 players voting twice a day. I agree though it is definately something to push for.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Booyah. (Yes, I know it's just because it was right after a reset, but it still feels nice!)

The lore compels me!
Kent

Post by Kent »

We're ahead of Gemstone, so thats gotta feel good for you ex-gemmers.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Kent wrote:We're ahead of Gemstone, so thats gotta feel good for you ex-gemmers.
Except we're not anymore. :-(

Felt good while it lasted though!
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Could we have the link to vote on T M S available at login, please? While playing on my smartphone, it would make daily voting a snap instead of a chore.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Psssh. gemstone aint got nothing on us. we're ahead of them again.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Take that, Karrien Fields. Clok is superior.

With that, we're back in the top ten.
baerden

Post by baerden »

It would be helpful for forgetful players (like myself) to set a little option, that tracks if you've voted in a 12 hour period. From my understanding, this is not automating the vote and is within the rules since it only reminds/encourages.

How the mechanic would work is,

Every twelve hours a daemon would check the voting variable on your character. If it is a 0, every 10 minutes or so it out puts:

Code: Select all

You havent voted today! Enter this CLOKTHEVOTE to get the link.

When you enter the CLOKTHEVOTE for the link, it sets the voting variable for your character to 1 and disables the 10 minute reminder, and sets a new timer for 12 hours to reset the voting variable to 0.

It should be an option and toggleable for people who are not interested and dont want their immersion broken during play.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Even though I don't play anymore, I do still vote every day (or, at least, mostly every day).

The way I remember? My home page is still set to the Clok Wiki home page. So it's usually one of the first things I do when I get on my laptop.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Bumpidy. We're almost back in the top ten with Top Mudsites and close on Mudconnector. Get your clickers out. Click ALL THE THINGS!
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

We're dropping...droooopppping, get your votey clickers on! We must make a comeback!
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Lae

Post by Lae »

Guys! We're not even in the top 20 anymore on TMS!!! Lets get our clickers on! - http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-clok.html

We're holding strong at 16 on TMC though. - http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_ ... i?mud=CLOK
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Just a reminder, that TMC and TMS ranks reset today. So if we really push and get ourselves established, we might be able to stay top 20 on both.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

Yes, Thank you! I meant to post on this. We really need to stick to this if we want to continue to see that slow trickle of new players. With new players comes new events (player run and perhaps even player inspired GM events!) and more folks to meet! Our game still has plenty of room for plenty of roles! Lets see them filled!
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

If you are interested in keeping clok in the top ten of topmudsites we definitely need your votes! we are doing well but it will be a fight to stay on top of things! We have had 3 or 4 new players already from our position and we can only get more. so please do remember to vote and tell your friends. We have plenty of roles to be filled and as you guys have seen stories in the process. grab some friends, get established and changed the world!
-*- GM Vinz -*-
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

felt this thread could use a little love. Voting really does help guys, it helps people find the game we all love, and without those new people, CLOK will eventually stagnate. So please go vote, remind your friends to vote and let's help get CLOK the attention it really deserves.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Giving this a poke. We'd all like new players to join! So let us see if we can get them in.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Giving this another poke. Please vote if you love Clok. Let's see if we can get some awesome new players to go with our shiny new GMs and Event staff! :)

Return to “General Announcements”