The hunt is on!

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Rias
DEV

The hunt is on!

Post by Rias »

Characters can now hunt in the conifer forests near Shadgard for deer. Stealth and perception help increase your chances of success. A successful attempt will spawn a deer, which can be attacked as normal, and once killed can be butchered for meat and sinew.

The deer are very skittish and will flee if they see anyone, so decent stealth is recommended.

The mechanic is very new and unpolished, so please report bugs and post suggestions for improvement.
The lore compels me!
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

This is pretty awesome, though I'd like to see more variety in the things you can find. Maybe hunt gives you a random foresty animal, and you can also find bears, wolves, turkeys etc.

But my real wish would be to be able to choose what you hunt from this variety. Like 'hunt pheasant' to try to flush out a pheasant (with a more difficult skillcheck).

Plus, okay, I really want more things to get feathers from.
Collins glances at a slimy big-lipped collinsfish.
Collins says, "Really..."
A slimy big-lipped collinsfish's mouth and gills gasp desperately for water as it lies helpless on the ground.
Speaking to a slimy big-lipped collinsfish, Collins says, "Go away."
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

You're going to wish you didn't say that when you see what we've made that will drop feathers.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

I just want to fletch my dang arrows! I hope it's not like giant roc or something...
Collins glances at a slimy big-lipped collinsfish.
Collins says, "Really..."
A slimy big-lipped collinsfish's mouth and gills gasp desperately for water as it lies helpless on the ground.
Speaking to a slimy big-lipped collinsfish, Collins says, "Go away."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I want to expand hunting quite a bit, once I've got the time. Along with the other less-combat-y stuff. Keep suggesting!
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Announcements”