Traders Unite!

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Landion

Traders Unite!

Post by Landion »

Citizens of Shadgard,

We are pleased to announce the formal organization of the Trade Coalition.

Over the last several weeks, the miners guild of Shadgard has been holding formal talks with other local trade groups. After much deliberation and thanks to the cooperation of the farmers union, local logging representatives and other community farming and fishing spokesmen, we are pleased to announce the formal partnership and organization of the Trade Coalition.

The Coalition has now officially opened its doors to new members. As a benefit of this new partnership the miners guild of Shadgard has graciously opened the good copper mining shafts to all Coalition members. We are currently in the process of readying other private land for use by our members and we expect them to be ready in the coming days.

A word of caution to interested members, as part of the Coalition, trade secrets of all groups within the Coalition will be kept private, each group offering their talents to a greater whole.

Any member found in violation of the trust of the Coalition agreement will be subject to the following penalties:
- Repossession of any and all trade secrets and goods
- Assessment of a fine to be determined by the damages caused by said violation.
- Possible membership revocation.

We look forward to taking strides in the development of our fair town and ensuring its growth. Those interested should seek out our representative Jashon in the Town Hall. He can see you are provided an invitation if desired.

Cordially,

Locke Dee.
Master Merchant - Trade Coalition of Shadgard

A few OOC notes:
- Headquarters can now be found in the clearing that was recently created by a certain Lumberjack.
- New guild only mine shafts have been opened east of the foreman.
- Mine carts are now for sale east of the foreman. These are not to leave the mines for any reason.
- Workcarts are available at the wagon yard of the headquarters building. These are given extra capacity and are for guild members only.
- Market areas to sell lumber, ore and other wares can be found in the Courtyard of headquarters and in the mining area for faster harvesting.
- A workshop has been setup which provides bonuses to woodworking and associated skills. (Gem-cutting in the future.)
- Don’t let me catch you abusing/selling guild carts or I’ll sic the reaper on you!
- Enjoy!

JGM Landion
Last edited by Landion on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

*Hears Collins propose to Landion*
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Ah, to mine without shades, and to log without bowtruckles.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

That removes all the fun though!
Landion

Post by Landion »

Citizens of Shadgard,

We are pleased to announce that Trade Coalition has now opened its private lands to members. These lands can be found just south of our headquarters. On these lands, members will find land available for the following uses.

First, fields ready for farming.
Second, tree farms for our lumberjack partners. These are meticulously cared for and monitored by hired Shadgard forester.
Third, a lake and surrounding wilderness carefully preserved for fishing and hunting(once released).

We hope our members enjoy these services and will help take care of our beautiful land.

As a word of warning, I have received reports that our guardsmen have encountered the occasional poacher sneaking onto the land. Until this threat can be dealt with appropriately, we encourage caution.

Cordially,

Locke Dee
Master Merchant - Trade Coalition of Shadgard

I'll plan on adding to this area as new developments are made to professional skills. I plan to add a few more forested areas once hunting is available. I will look at adjusting things like the poachers as needed.

Enjoy!

JGM Landion
Last edited by Landion on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Oo, farming fields. I need to release more crops.

And fish for the lake.
The lore compels me!
Landion

Post by Landion »

Mercenary contracts can now be purchased by members of the Trade Coalition.

Those interested in hired help should seek the mercenary recruiter Heshlon in the Coalition barracks. He has a number of new recruits ready for work!

We hope our members find these services helpful as they seek to protect themselves against the many threats in the wilds.

We expect the contracts to be adjusted regularly for some time as prices are negotiated between the Coalition and mercenary representatives. We appreciate your patience.

Locke Dee
Master Merchant - Trade Coalition

----------------------
OOC notes:
- 4 types of hireswords are available currently. I will add more as I have time
- Prices are based on their skill level.
- Only 1 mercenary is able to be hired at a time.
- DISMISS will tell your hired help to leave, you'll then need to purchase another.
- No current limit on the time the mercenary is with you. Expect this to change alongside prices.
- In the future, guild ranks will be required in order to purchase contracts for highly skilled mercenaries.

Thanks to Rias for the coding on all of this!

~JGM Landion

Return to “General Announcements”