Grum Auction

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Rithiel

Grum Auction

Post by Rithiel »

There are now eight items in the auction shop, with at least four more that I have planned (although two are similar items, just different details). Because I don't want to have to worry about scheduling this when everybody can come (why do you all live all over the world?) it's going to be a silent auction sort of thing.

So starting Saturday (when all of the items will be released) you can send me (Rithiel) mail with your bids for various things. You will only be allowed to win one item per character, because there are some out there who could buy every item if they really wanted to and I don't like that idea. If you have the highest bid for more than one thing, I will allow you to select which item you want.

Items like this are meant to be a riln sink to some extent, so if the highest bid isn't sufficiently close to my idea the value of the object, I may not end up selling it. If somebody ends up bidding way more than the next highest bid, I may do a hybrid of first and second price auctions and let them pay a value between the highest and next highest bid.

All of that is to say: Bid what you think the item is worth to your character, don't try to game the system by putting in low bids because I'll just keep the things for myself.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Regarding pets: I hope these are popular and go for a good price. I won't say that no other pets will exist in the game, but I'm almost certain that these guys will be far more intricate and unique that others that may come along. In addition, I'm happy to occasionally make small updates to their idle scrips, and I will give whomever purchases them the option for one or two additional idle scripts. They will also come with some toys, although I'm still working on them and they may not be finished until after the auction.

And I'm absolutely serious that they will only go to somebody who owns a home: dorm rooms, cells, and assassin's quarters do not count.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

More items are available than originally, but don't worry: there are still more to come!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Two more items available, bringing the count up to 11! That may be it, though - it depends on if I get struck by any inspiration tomorrow.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

All items have been posted (for you folks following along at home that's 13 total) including one new pet! Bidding is now open. I will post a general threshold for each item tomorrow night so people know if they need to seriously reevaluate their bid.

Remember, please maili (IG!) all bids to Rithiel. If you don't have the riln in the bank for you bid, I will throw it (and all your other bids) out.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but when does the auction actually close if bid updates are being posted tonight?
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I hadn't posted that yet. Let's say Sunday (tomorrow) at 10:00 pm Mountain. If I have your bid before that, it will count.

I tell my students, "I don't accept late assignments, and I really don't care about your excuse." The same will apply here.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Thanks for the update =)
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Well I was going to post them, but since most of you didn't bother to bid, I'm not going to post them from the four people that did bother to send them.
Collins

Re: Grum Auction

Post by Collins »

Sorry to hear not many people bid.

I liked most of the items, but only bid on the two I thought I'd enjoy the most.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

More people bid, just not until Sunday (I presume because they didn't want me disclosing the highest bid on Saturday).

However, I have family in town this week, so it's going to take me a while to get everything out to the winners.

There are a few items that weren't bid on, two of which might have a separate auction (they were items that are more decorative so I'm okay with somebody winning them in addition to another item).
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

You're evil, making us wait longer.

Also: 1 riln on each item that wasn't bid on, please.

Return to “General Announcements”