Poultices

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Rithiel

Poultices

Post by Rithiel »

Poultices have been (re)released. You can now make your own, using the POULTICE verb.

The infirmary will no longer sell bandages with poultices on them - you will have to make your own or buy them from other players. The new Shadgard apothecary will have any supplies that you need.

There are premade recipes that you can use. You can also try your luck at combining your own ground herbs for various effects.

All poultices that were in the infirmary are available for players to make on their own. As herbs expand, we will also be adding to this list.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Great! I love making my own stuff.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Once you've made your poultice, you hold that and a bandage in your hands and APPLY.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

This is really neat stuff! I've been enjoying making poultices so far, thanks for working on this Rithiel! :)
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Rasui

Post by Rasui »

Can these be sold to the market or infirmaries? This would be a lovely way for an old man like Rasui to make money. The other methods are a bit too taxing on his feeble body.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Yeah.... I'll just have to figure out how to price them. For now, you can sell them to the infirmary for 15 riln each.
Rasui

Post by Rasui »

That was fast, thank you!
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Can applying a poultice change something in the bandage description before the noun? Right now there's no way to syntactically distinguish between an untreated bandage and a bandage treated with a poultice, and trying to get one rather than the other is an exercise in frustration.

Before applying: a soft fur bandage
after applying: a soft fur bandage treated with a poultice

Since it only adds "treated with a poultice" to the end, and you can't specify anything after the word "bandage" when trying to target the item, there's no way for me to specifically get one or the other. I'm trying to keep them in separate containers for now, but that's less than ideal, and I can only wear so many containers.

Note: Sorry, this post probably sounds angry, but it's not. Just trying to communicate the issue.
Last edited by Skjotur on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I totally meant to do that about two weeks ago, so thanks for the reminder.

Return to “General Announcements”