Mining Updates

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Landion

Mining Updates

Post by Landion »

Mining has been adjusted to be a bit more of a dynamic.

Miners will now, instead of random chunks of ore, uncover mineral veins of various types. These veins can either be left alone, or mined specifically for the ore or gems they appear to contain. Rarity settings have been applied to these veins, so you may notice it takes a bit longer to find a gem type you are looking for.

The chunks of ore you have all grown to love and adore will now fall from their appropriate vein types.

Cave-ins will still occur, and will now bury some of the veins in the area! Oh no!

------------------
Syntax is:

MINE - Used for finding veins.

MINE {vein type} - Used for mining a vein once discovered.

------------------
Examples:

MINE:
You begin mining, hoping to find some precious metals or stones. Heigh-ho!
Suddenly, the glint of minerals causes you to pause. As the dust clears you see you have discovered a malachite vein!

MINE MALACHITE:
You begin mining, working on a malachite vein, hoping to find some precious metals or stones. Off to work we go!
You manage to dislodge a small chunk of rough malachite from a malachite vein!
The small chunk of rough malachite falls to the ground. You quickly place it into a large oak-planked wagon.

---------------
This will continue to be adjusted in the near future as we have a few more ideas we would like to implement.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Landion

Post by Landion »

A large update was made to mining today.

All materials available for mining in an area now have a set quantity; this is based on material rarity and a bit of randomness.

When a mineral type runs out, it will be replaced randomly based on the rarity and area you are mining in. (Shadgard's mine will only have copper, turquoise, quartz, malachite and azurite, for example).

Player mines have the greatest potential for rare minerals of a wider variety, which still follows the same mechanics. The more rooms you maintain, the larger the chance for better minerals to show up, though this can greatly increases the chance for cave-ins and other negative effects.

This mechanic is meant to simulate mining a bit more realistically, as you mine through common materials, you then have the chance to find limited quantities of a rare type. This is meant to be quite a bit more realistic than finding a room with diamonds in it, and being able to mine for them infinitely, with no need to ever maintain another part of your mine.

Due to this change, you can expect things to be adjusted extensively. As it currently is this makes it more time consuming to find rarer minerals. As such the settings on some rare materials will likely be adjusted to be slightly more forgiving.

Suggestions, constructive feedback and so forth as testing goes on are of course welcome.
No longer GMing for CLOK.

Return to “General Announcements”