Blowtorch!

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Rias
DEV

Blowtorch!

Post by Rias »

No, you can't get a blowtorch in-game. However, it -is- a swell Android MUD client that we recommend to play CLOK when using an Android phone or tablet. It's particularly handy for long car rides and bathroom breaks at work!

http://bt.happygoatstudios.com/

It is also now listed under the "Connection Info" wiki page.

If anyone knows of a good iOS MUD client that works well with CLOK, please let us know.
The lore compels me!
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Woah..
Vertebrate

Post by Vertebrate »

Anyone using blowtorch? Looking to see if you've developed some button arrays, triggers, and aliases for Clok. If not, I will work on it and share mine with you if you want.
Last edited by Vertebrate on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dactor
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Blowtorch was in fact what I used the first time I tried out CLOK, in a lonely office lobby while awaiting a meeting. I haven't thought of any useful buttons or aliases to set up, however. I'll have to look into what is possible, as I use Blowtorch relatively frequently, though at times opt to simply not play at all due to the lack of a real keyboard to type on.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Vertebrate

Post by Vertebrate »

I've got a decent setup for logging and emergency combat now. My buttons are pinned along the right hand screen edge, and they include buttons for my weapons and my shield. As an example, clicking the "axe" button readies my axe. Alt-clicking the "axe" button replaces it. Clicking the "n" button sends me north, while alt-clicking it sends me south (and so on). I use Swype as my input method, and I keep the screen locked in a profile orientation. I've set the font to 12 pixels, and I've set the right edge to 67 characters to keep text clear of my buttons. I've added numerous in-game words and player names to my Swype dictionary. I've also created an alternate button set for logging. My phone is a Droid Bionic, which has a mid-sized screen. My wife has the Droid Razr, which has a huge, bright, highly-defined screen. I bet Blowtorch will rock on that screen. While I certainly can't sustain a free flowing RP encounter using Blowtorch, I can most definitely sneak off for some logging while on a lunch break. Which leads me to note that when using Blowtorch I am not very sociable, which makes me feel bad when I come across someone else who might want to RP.
Dactor

Return to “General Announcements”