One-time only ability reset

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Kent

Re: One-time only ability reset

Post by Kent »

Two thumbs up for what Lars said.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Jaster wrote:On sap. I've always been an advocate for its responsible use.
I'd be sad if it went away. I don't use it to kill things (my revolvers are for that), I use it to sap people guarding treasure boxes so I can feel all cool about sneaking in, disabling but not murdering the guards, stealing the loot, and sneaking back out. Some of us pride ourselves on being able to avoid killing when we can.

I also use it to crowd-control in groups.

Don't really have a solution on how to ensure people use it responsibly, though. If it becomes a kill button that's over-utilized, I would understand it being yanked or re-worked.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I think the 'kill button' here is mostly coup de morte paired with other abilities that we never really intended to be used together by a single person. So right now I'm pretty much set on changing that back to mercenary-only.

Sap seems like it has a lot of cool potential for the people who have it, if used responsibly, and I would be sad to see it go as well. And if it's not used responsibly... I'm sure certain NPCs would be interested in speaking with you.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

As someone (Zuki) who has been sapped and killed in the woods for a rather insignificant reason (not that I've never done anything like this myself), I can certainly say that sap is not always used responsibly. It's a kill button that requires pretty much no preparation or setup (far less checks than something like assassinate which also has very real limitations). Although it is a cool ability, it's more potent than any other disabler I'm aware of and can be used from stealth. I'm not sure if this has any restrictions but it seems to be able to be used on almost anyone/anything. Other disablers have limitations, still allow for some defense, allow a person to get up quick enough, etc. If this ability is not considered to be OP, I'm really not sure what is. It's certainly a far greater threat than coup which at least requires setup...

I've always thought the fact that there is no skill that provides additional defense against fear/mummer abilities, etc is a little strange. I'm not a fan of fixed chances to inflict debilitating status effects as I feel like mummers should have to train to be effective at their mental attacks and there should also be a way to defend against such things. I can provide some suggestions if this is something that would be considered.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I was under the impression that Mummers' abilities are checked against their channeling skill. I'm not sure what the defense check against them would be, though.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Not to hijack this thread, but everything that has been recently discussed (in regards to fear ect) is already being worked on.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.

Return to “General Announcements”