Fighting on Horseback

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Zoiya

Fighting on Horseback

Post by Zoiya »

Brawling is no longer possible on horseback. Going forward we'll be looking at different weapons and making decisions with them as well. Please feel free to discuss and comment here, keep it constructive, and we'll consider any and all feedback.

Thanks guys!
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Jaster

Re: Fighting on Horseback

Post by Jaster »

I'm not sure about usefulness of bows on horseback currently, but I'd say that a shortbow should be usable. They were historically used by horsemen to fire from horseback, and that would give them an actual advantage over a longbow (assuming you're wanting to fire a bow from horseback in the first place).

Are the damage ranges different for differing bow lengths, still? I know shortbows did lesser damage and had less roundtime in the distant past. It would stand to reason that this would be the case, especially if they allowed the added utility of being a horsebow (as a balance).
criticalfault

Post by criticalfault »

I don't know how much of a difference the bow verses not the bow would make a difference. I do totally understand the idea of not brawling from horseback considering brawling relies on kicks, elbows, etc all which would be inaccessible during the ride. The idea just seems totally silly to me.
Jhordon -(Struck by lightning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69NaSUdzzA
Cigano - (Friends on the other side) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

criticalfault wrote:I don't know how much of a difference the bow verses not the bow would make a difference. I do totally understand the idea of not brawling from horseback considering brawling relies on kicks, elbows, etc all which would be inaccessible during the ride. The idea just seems totally silly to me.
I've done some minor fighting on horseback in the past and the only sort of brawly-type move I did was kick and shove, and even then they had to be close enough for that.

I would imagine there being a pretty harsh penalty for doing archery on horseback. I don't think it's that hard, but trying to move the horse around in battle while your hands are full that way would be a tad difficult.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “General Announcements”