Winter Solstice Party

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
River

Winter Solstice Party

Post by River »

I'm going to be hosting a winter solstice party at my house. I would like to know what time works for everyone so that as many can attend as would like

There will also be a gift exchange. You will be given a name of someone to get a present for (there will be merchants and craftsman coming to help with this) to get a present for. You may give it then or another time or have someone deliver it for you.
---Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I would love to attend, and participate in the gift exchange. I would suggest the date not fall too close to the Christmas holiday, as many would likely be unable to attend. Evening to late evening is usually best for me, but I am often able to accommodate if I know the date far enough in advance. I should be available most any day, though I would prefer it be some few days before the 25th, at least.

I am glad to hear of such events being planned. Lacie and I were previously discussing how nice it is that the townsfolk are coming together and being more social even outside of GM-run events.
Last edited by Alexander on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
River

Post by River »

Yes. The holidays will be busy so I would like to do it near mid month
River

Post by River »

I'm thinking the 11, 12, or 13th
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

The 11th would be well for me. I hope that others will soon state whether they will be attending, so that there may be time to assign partners for the gift exchange and acquire the gifts ahead of time.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yeah, for those planning on attending, please make it known so the GMfolk can accommodate as necessary.
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I've already told River in game, but I do plan on attending. So close your containers.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Lucien

Post by Lucien »

I would be happy to attend. Exactly when did you have in mind?
Last edited by Lucien on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
River

Post by River »

Looking like the 11th is going to be best...unless others voice their opinions.

As far as the gift exchange-if you want to participate I need to know by December 4th at 10pm MST so that I can let people know who they need to bring a gift for. Herrick should be coming soon and Lars will also be visiting a bit more to help you with your gift giving ideas.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

You know I'll be there.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

Count me in on the 11th!
Collins glances at a slimy big-lipped collinsfish.
Collins says, "Really..."
A slimy big-lipped collinsfish's mouth and gills gasp desperately for water as it lies helpless on the ground.
Speaking to a slimy big-lipped collinsfish, Collins says, "Go away."
River

Post by River »

The Festivities are set for the 11th at 8:30MST (7:30PST, 9:30CST,10:30EST)

Last night I mailed out letters letting each person know who the were randomly selected to get a gift for. To add a little fun to it I am allowing you to switch names if you like just let me know so I can keep track of things.

Herrick has informed me that he will be arriving shortly but also keep your eyes open for other vendors and traveling salesman.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Some merchants will be showing up in Shadgard soon to sell their wares. Those involved with the gift exchange will be able to make a single custom order or alteration. The merchants will not be doing alterations or custom orders for those not involved in the gift exchange at this time.

- Herrick, a woodworker from Ivial
- Miu, a seamstress from Nuum
- Flint, a metalworker and tinkerer from Grum
The lore compels me!
Landion

Post by Landion »

Count the peddler Lars in on the selling and gift assistance.

He won't be able to make the festivities, but he'll roll his wagon into town in the coming days so people can sort through his wares. I have it on good authority he'll have several styles of dice to choose from, among other odds and ends.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Simon will make an appearance. He'll probably be around if anybody would like an alter on a tool or other professional implement.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Herrick, Miu, and Flint will be popping in and out of town tonight and tomorrow, so keep an eye out for them if you have any ideas for your gift exchange items. If you don't manage to catch them, you can always send them a parchment via the post office.

As for a scheduled time, they will be around Saturday night starting near 7:00 PM MST.
The lore compels me!
River

Post by River »

Oh I am getting so excited for this. It has been spectacular to see everyone working on their gifts and all the amazing ideas.

I will be away from Shadgard this evening as I am traveling to get some things for the party. I should be back by tomorrow evening though. If you have any questions you can send me a parchment!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I am eagerly looking forward to the event as well.
Lucien

Post by Lucien »

My thanks to River, the GMs and everyone who came together to make this party happen.

I felt it went rather well.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I would also express my thanks to River and all others who put effort into the party. It was most enjoyable, and to see so many gathered together was most excellent. I only wish there had been more time to socialize afterward, as I was attempting to keep quiet during the gift exchange in order to lessen the confusing noise, but I suppose it had gotten rather late once that was through.

Also, my thanks to Father Lucien for his exceedingly thoughtful and generous gifts.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Hope everyone had fun! I had fun helping set up and doing some custom work for gift exchange stuff.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Announcements”