General Alterations

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Zoiya

General Alterations

Post by Zoiya »

Just dropping in to give some information/updates.

I love bringing my merchants around and having fun with you guys, but if I'm going to continue to do so I'm going to lay down a few ground rules so that everyone gets a chance to get work done and so I am not sitting for four hours straight altering a dozen things.

This will not affect current orders, they're being filled right now and should be completed by the end of the weekend at the latest.

1 - ONE character per merchant. I understand that you might have two or three alts that you *really* want something for, but you always have the option of using mail to contact a merchant if you didn't have a chance to get a service.

2 - The essence of the item isn't going to change. If you bring me brawler gloves and they don't have metal in them, I can't add it. Even if you bring me some to work with. Why? It changes the property of the item and creates a balance issue. I don't like dealing with balance issues - it's really not my job - so I'm going to stay on the safe side.

3 - *Unless the merchant tells you otherwise*, it's now going to be one item per merchant as well. I was on hiatus for the past few months so that is why there were so few merchants. If I don't feel overwhelmed when I bring them around, I'm likely to bring them around more.

4 - Please don't let me find you bringing me an item that you have discussed with another GM and they told you that they couldn't do what you asked for. Especially if it's after the fact, be up front and use common sense or you might end up losing that item, and nobody wants that!

I also want to take the time to thank all of you for all the gracious comments and RP that I get involved in every time I show up with one of my merchants. I work off the cuff and your reactions when I had you a weapon or an outfit really do make my day. If you have ideas for future merchants, please feel free to comment here. I also highly encourage discussion about the above rules.

Thanks for being part of our world!
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
jilliana

Re: General Alterations

Post by jilliana »

Thank you for taking the time to clarify some things. I for one certainly wouldn't want one of our GMs to feel overwhelmed and won't enjoy playing their merchant or NPC anymore.

It'd be interesting to see the hairdresser merchant for hair colors not provided by the options already available.

I've been playing nearly a year now and have yet to see a few merchants. The horse merchant being one of them. I'm not sure if that's yours or if it was Rithiel's.

It'd be nice to see a carpenter who is willing to do work or get hired for a particularly large job.

Thanks again for making yourself available. Roleplay with a couple of your merchants is always a good time.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

I have a horse merchant, funny story. Brought him on one day sat in a tavern and struck up a conversation with a guy. He bought me a drink and talked and talked. I offered to brush his horse and he acted like I was a pervert and took off. Man, that kills me.

I do also have a woodworking merchant as well, but then we started getting some players who actually DID woodworking and it seemed like a huge cheat to undermine their budding businesses. I'm willing to bring them both around if people were interested though.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

you can brush my horse's hair anytime zoya!
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Well, like I said, for particularly large or unique jobs. These would be cabinetry, beds, sofas with cushions, billiard tables, furniture with lots of detail, etc etc.
:)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “General Announcements”