Brawling Revamp

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Jirato
DEV

Brawling Revamp

Post by Jirato »

I'm sure some of you may have already noticed, but there has been a significant change to the brawling system. Position gains and the triple damage bonuses they came with are a thing of the past. Brawlers participating in unarmed combat will now see immediate results in the form of "combos".

The effectiveness of your combo attacks will vary depending on your brawling skill and guild affiliation. As you become more proficient at brawling you'll see the maximum number of strikes you perform increase, as well as a wider variety of more damaging attack types.

This system kicks in automatically with the regular attack and battle commands when unarmed. The existing jab, punch, and kick commands are still in but are mainly just there for people that want to intentionally perform one specific attack for whatever RP purposes and do not tie in with the combo system. Additionally, a new elbow attack command is available to moderately skilled brawlers.

This is still a work in progress, and there's already a few bugs I'm working on ironing out and a couple other things related to it on my to-do list, but it was suggested that I announce it here to answer any confusion that might arise from the change. Expect to see this continue to be tweaked over the next month or two.
Laroremas

Re: Brawling Revamp

Post by Laroremas »

Thank you Zoiya for suggesting he post this here, and thank you Jirato for making one of my arguably favorite mechanics about CLOK more entertaining.

Good luck coding and bug-fixing this.

I will miss my 140 damage punches, though. :(

Return to “General Announcements”