Worn items conceal features

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Rias
DEV

Worn items conceal features

Post by Rias »

Certain worn items will conceal features:
look Rias
You see Rias.
He is about seven feet tall and appears to be mature. He has shaggy mottled brown hair and squinty ice-blue eyes. His skin is fair and his body's build is wiry. You also notice he has pointed teeth and claw-tipped fingers.

get helm
You remove a visored helm from the weathered canvas duffle bag you are wearing.

wear helm
You put a visored helm on your head.

look Rias
You see Rias.
He is about seven feet tall and appears to be mature. His hair and eyes are concealed by a visored helm. His skin is fair and his body's build is wiry. You also notice he has claw-tipped fingers.
And for the Canim wishing to hide his racial identity:

look Rias
You see Rias.
He is about seven feet tall and appears to be mature. He has shaggy mottled brown hair and squinty ice-blue eyes. His skin is fair and his body's build is wiry. You also notice he has pointed teeth and claw-tipped fingers.

get mask
You remove a bandana mask from the weathered canvas duffle bag you are wearing.

wear mask
You put a bandana mask on your head.

look Rias
You see Rias.
He is about seven feet tall and appears to be mature. He has shaggy mottled brown hair and squinty ice-blue eyes. His skin is fair and his body's build is wiry. You also notice he has claw-tipped fingers.

get glove from bag
You remove some gloves from the weathered canvas duffle bag you are wearing.

wear glove
You put some gloves on your hands.

look Rias
You see Rias.
He is about seven feet tall and appears to be mature. He has shaggy mottled brown hair and squinty ice-blue eyes. His skin is fair and his body's build is wiry.
Hiding features will have effects on certain verbs - for example:
grin
You grin, though nobody can see it behind your bandana mask.
The lore compels me!
Makkah

Re: Worn items conceal features

Post by Makkah »

Not sure what's going on, but the bandana mask I had altered into a face-wrap which I envision as a shemagh (http://survivalcache.com/wp-content/upl ... e-mask.png), seems like it might be BUGged.

It originally offered no eye coverage or penalties to perception (because it ideally does not cover the eyes at all), but something has changed in the past month or two. It now gives the penalty to eye coverage in EFFECT (and the - perception) but when someone uses STUDY on me, it says my eyes are uncovered. I've bugged this a few times and have mentioned it on QUESTION a couple of times. It seems normal neckerchiefs/masks don't do this...
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Just to clarify, it's not acting as armor when you're studied. It sounds like it's still providing perception decreases as if you had a hood on (not too sure hoods should be dropping perception either but not a big deal).
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

There's another bug with bandanas that shows them as a neckerchief when they are a mask and vice versa.
Noctere

Post by Noctere »

Hmmm a banana mask might block some perception.

It's not easy being evil...
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

I don't know where that picture came from or what the story is behind it, but it certainly made my day.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Looks like it came from a Japanese commercial. They are odd there.

Return to “General Announcements”