Grummer Spring Festival

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Rithiel

Grummer Spring Festival

Post by Rithiel »

Starting next Sunday evening, there will be a week long 'event' celebrating the spring equinox. There will be a number of activities, as well as fun things to buy. Although the majority of the festival will be Grummer in nature, a number of other nations will be represented.

Be on the look out for an in game announcement sometime this weekend.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Kent

Post by Kent »

Does that mean, starting today, this evening?

:)
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Will there be food?
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

No, starting next Sunday.

Yes, lots of food.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

The Society for the Teaching of Esoteric And Mundane Secrets cordially invites you to celebrate human invention and the spring equinox with them. We have commissioned the help of the Merchant Avedri to assist in designing many traditional Grum pieces of clothing so that all may celebrate in style. We have also imported or had our artisans craft a number of devices in celebration of the holiday. A number of them will be on display for purchase at a later auction.

There will be food and games, as well as a number of items that aren't Grum, but are in celebration of spring, rebirth, and human power.

Look for the large multicolored tent with steam rising out of the top on the east side of the river from Mistral Lake.

*No weapons, fighting, or magic of any kind will be tolerated.*
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Note: right now I'm planning on having a storytelling contest on Thursday or Friday (there will be rotten fruit on hand, so if you plan on participating you should plan ahead). If anybody has any suggestions for other events you'd like to see happen, please let me know.
Orris

Post by Orris »

I'm going to have to come up with a good story for that, it sounds fun. I hope other people do too so I'm not the only one.
While planning a trip to the haunted galleon with a bunch of people on ESP...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: what are the nether called on that pirate ship again?
[TO Vinz (OOC)]: I'm scared to tell you...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: DO-IT >:)
Karn

Post by Karn »

What times do events usually end up being held?
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

"The Legend of the Frigid Cuirass" anyone?

viewtopic.php?id=649
Last edited by Jaster on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Jaster, tell that at the festival so I can throw tomatoes at you.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Timewise, we tend to do things in the evening for the Mountain time zone, since that's where both Rias and I live. But I know that people are from all over, so if there's sufficient interest in people who need it at a different time, I'd be okay with scheduling it in the early evening or possibly moving it to Saturday so more people could participate.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

The festival location is placed so people can discover it, but it's not open quite yet. I'm going to say that it'll be open no later than six bells post-zenith, as the game measure time.

Keep in mind that since this is a week long event, things may be added as it goes on, which may include lore, items for sale, NPCs, or whatever else I feel like adding.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Maybe this would be a good opportunity to use the CLOK twitter account to tweet upcoming festival events approximately one hour before they start? This would help persons from different parts of the globe have the best chance of getting to those events, I think.

twitter @contrarium

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Eraene

Post by Eraene »

[quote=Kent]Maybe this would be a good opportunity to use the CLOK twitter account to tweet upcoming festival events approximately one hour before they start? This would help persons from different parts of the globe have the best chance of getting to those events, I think.

twitter @contrarium[/quote]

This isn't going to work well for those of us who don't access Twitter.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

[quote=Eraene]This isn't going to work well for those of us who don't access Twitter.[/quote]

... Obviously. And even though I resent Twitter and tweeting in general, the suggestion will help those who do use it, which may be considered a valid reason.
Eraene

Post by Eraene »

[quote=Blitz][quote=Eraene]This isn't going to work well for those of us who don't access Twitter.[/quote]

... Obviously. And even though I resent Twitter and tweeting in general, the suggestion will help those who do use it, which may be considered a valid reason.[/quote]

No need for snippy. My point was don't make the only notifications for these things accessible on Twitter, else people who don't use it will miss out. In my opinion, the only notifications needed are those on the forums, because that's where players here check anyway.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

I disagree, I can get twitter updates on my smartphone. I can't always stop what I'm doing to check the updated threads on the forums. As much as I'd like to.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Octavia can sass sassy things now.

[CHAT - Kent the Shade Shatterer]: what do you mean, now?

[CHAT - Matilda]: Is that implying she couldn't before?
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

As far as I understand, the Facebook page is linked to the twitter update, so anything I post there will go to Twitter.

If this is broken, please let me know.

I will continue to do my best to post things in both places, although some events may be spur of the moment. (However, if people don't participate ahead of time it's less likely I'll be able to have events happen *hintpostonlorethreadhint*).
Eraene

Post by Eraene »

[quote=Avedri]I disagree, I can get twitter updates on my smartphone. I can't always stop what I'm doing to check the updated threads on the forums. As much as I'd like to.[/quote]

You kids and your fandangled phones. Fine, point granted.

(I don't use Facebook either.)
Kent

Post by Kent »

[quote=Jaster]"The Legend of the Frigid Cuirass" anyone?

vi9...[/quote]

Some tales are best untold. This one, moreso.
Last edited by Kent on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Tomorrow (Friday) at 6:00 PM Mountain (in game time) there will be a storytelling event. Not sure if it will be a contest or not, it depends on how many people show up. Bonus points if the story is spring themed.

If there were any questions the older woman would make an appearance, but since there aren't she won't!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Any chance of a musical concert, with Grum instruments playing?

Danlin

Post by Danlin »

I did write what question I wanted to know in the thread you posted for it, Rithiel.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Two suggestions for auction items:

(1) In the 2 mil items for auction, there is one clock. My gut feeling is that clocks are quite a bit more common than the other items, so my suggestion is that there be two clocks for sale, perhaps the second being made of walnut, perhaps with brass hands?

(2) The 'safe' recently added is made of oak. Methinks steel would be a better substance for it to be made of, to protect valuables inside from fire or axes.
Last edited by Kent on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Thank you for your observations, Kent, I'm sure the GM in charge will take it into consideration. While suggestions are always welcome, lets be polite to the creator of these items and not suggest how she should change them. Rithiel worked very hard on all facets of this festival and I'm sure she put a lot of thought into the items created for the auction.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.

Return to “General Announcements”