Infirmary Healing

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Jirato

Infirmary Healing

Post by Jirato »

There has been a change to the way healing at infirmaries work. The herbalist or healer at the infirmary no longer instantly cures all wounds, but rather will treat your wounds with a poulticed bandage if they are not already sufficiently bandaged*.

These bandages will be sufficient to fully treat your wounds over time as long as you do not sustain significant additional damage. There is also now a small fee for their services depending on the type of bandage used.

*Note that sufficiently bandaged means bandaged with a poulticed-treated bandage capable of fully healing your current wound. If you are bandaged with an untreated bandage or one that will not cover a severe enough wound, it will be replaced by the herbalist for a fee.
Last edited by Jirato on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Francesca

Post by Francesca »

I heart this idea! Very nifty addition, thanks Jirato!
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Having made use of the newly changed Infirmary system, I think it's a fair addition. The time it takes to heal lighter wounds, at least, via bandages does not seem unreasonable, and the price for such is also reasonable.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

FYI, new characters who are still under the effect which grants them a temporary boost to skill gains for being new will not be charged the poultice fee.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

With this in effect, if you have no riln on you will they refuse healing or just put you in negative balance or possibly take it from your bank? I can't see any healer saying, 'no riln, no service'.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Private ambulance companies do it all the time. The slimy toads!
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Hadya

Post by Hadya »

I used the infirmary with no riln and they deducted the amount from my bank account. I'm not sure what they would do if I had no riln in the bank.
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

you would be in debt, Healer Hildebrand the Loan Shark.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Awesome, thanks for the update, Hadya =D
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Just to bring this up, some people are not able to make use of healing through thaumaturgy (the alternative to waiting through this). Would you please consider adding some sort of more rapid method of healing for such people and preferably place it towards the higher end of the priority list?
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Heathons.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

The infirmary uses lower-end poultices with cheap/common herbs due to the demand of healing and keeping the fees reasonable. If you cannot receive thaumaturgic healing or just choose not to, you can always make a deal with a skilled herbalist player for some quick-healing poultices.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Thank you for the suggestion, but this is not feasible for routine healing unfortunately (at least for me, as I can't speak for others). There was discussion before about an alternative means of healing for such players. Please consider revisiting it as this is a major game mechanic which will have a huge impact, and although I see why you did this, the low quality poultices used by the infirmiry are going to be a considerable pain for some people in particular (those with no other alternatives).
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

I sell them those cheap herbs and they charge me more for healing, tricksters.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I had a 'bad' wound earlier and a single bandage was 20 riln. The other wounds I used non-poulticed bandages on. The infirmary bandage healed the bad wound faster than the untreated healed a light wound and honestly, considering some of the roundtime we used to have, I don't think this is all that bad since you can still go out and RP or do other things. I could see the price adding up fast if you have the infirmary bandage everything and are the type to go grind for hours on end to train skills, but it's still fairly reasonable and I can't think of any person who can't use bandages.
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

that was a joke, but yeah, I grind on hours then end up with 200 RT for healing. The bank is going to be so mad at me for never paying my debts. Speaking of which, is there a repurcussion for that?
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Kiyaani, if thats the case this might not be so bad. I was judging off the time it took to heal down a light wound. If the bandage quality increases with more severe wounds, then it might be less of an issue (although an alternative would still be desirable).

EDIT: I think I misinterpreted your post Kiyaani. Did you have the infirmiry bandage both your wounds, or did you use an untreated bandage on the light wound and pay for the other "bad" in the infirmiry?

I think a good solution might be to offer more expensive healing services where one can pay more to have the infirmiry use faster bandages.

Ask horrus about healall fast
Horrus says, "Alright, but you're going to be paying double for this"
Last edited by Acarin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I only paid for the one bandage to see what the rate was since I've noticed a trend of players using untreated on light-scrape quality wounds to gain first aid skill. Using 'Ask <person> about heal' still targets the most major wound first. So if you don't have the riln or want to pay to have them all treated you can still use the cheapo bandages for the non-essentials.
Lae

Post by Lae »

Just my opinion, of course, but there are resources for you to heal yourself from severe wounds to no wounds. You made the choices that you made in game to get you to your current situation, you shouldn't have an easy way out because it's harder. You could have just as easily not made the choices that created this problem.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Acarin wrote:Thank you for the suggestion, but this is not feasible for routine healing unfortunately (at least for me, as I can't speak for others).
Sorry, why is making or buying poultice bandages not feasible for you?
There was discussion before about an alternative means of healing for such players.
If you mean the requests for sorcerous healing that tend to crop up, I have routinely turned that down and will continue to do so. I'll add that to the Never Page for good measure.
Please consider revisiting it as this is a major game mechanic which will have a huge impact, and although I see why you did this, the low quality poultices used by the infirmiry are going to be a considerable pain for some people in particular (those with no other alternatives).
As asked above, why is it player-made poultice-treated bandages won't work for you, again?
The lore compels me!
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

I for one have to agree with charging something for healing; the healer has to recoup costs for all those herbs she has to pay for.

I was going to suggest that newbies get free infirmicare for their first 20 hours of playtime, but the use of the early 35-point skillgain bonus effect is an even better idea.

I also would like to see Acarin's idea implemented, where you can choose to pay double and receive premium poultices. The healer won't just want to hoard the masterfully-crafted poultices she makes in a barrel, she will want to sell them and use them.
Last edited by Lemuel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

[quote=Rias]

As asked above, why is it player-made poultice-treated bandages won't work for you, again?

[/quote]

I for one had a post on the Shadgard post board for the longest time offering to pay a fair price for poulticed bandages. I had *zero* responses. When I asked around in-game for a poultice-selling player, I was told that only Lae could produce them, and she would not sell them to me for IC reasons.

I imagine Acarin is in the same IC boat as far as that goes.

Why don't the infirmaries have some premium poultices to sell? Or they could buy premium poulticed bandages from the few player(s) that can make them, and re-sell them in pawnshop style?
Last edited by Lemuel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Only because you both asked: Why I can't use player bandages for routine healing-
A) Because it's a gigantic time sink to make them yourself in a game that I have recently lacked much motivation to play due to changes like this and the attitude when a legitimate concern about a major change is voiced, B) Because we should have the choice to learn/train a skill or not and should not be forced to learn a profession skill (herbalism) to maintain a supply of bandages for a reasonable healing time, and C) Because large supplies of good poultices made by other players are hard to come by. Acquiring them from other players 1)is very expensive, 2) is difficult to set up as there are very few people who supply them in large quantities (at least that I have seen, keeping in mind that the player base is small) and 3) it is ridiculous, in my opinion, to expect people to set up large scale bandage trading to get healed in a time efficient manner (something that is integral to all characters in the game who don't just sit around). Lastly, bandages take up space in my bags that could be better used for storing rations. I know. I assume I will soon be told i) that I am wrong, ii) stories of how I can get around this/make it manageable by doing what your character does, and iii) that this sounds like complaining, but you asked why I state this so there is really no need. I would not have volunteered this information if I had not been asked, but do so for the sake of transparency. I'll just add this to the list of...

As far as Lae's comment that I made certain choices for my character that impact this and should therefore deal with it: No I definitively did not and choice is not a word I like to hear being thrown around as if I had one. I'm a bit tired of being told this.

Also Lae, this is not just a personal issue but one that I'm sure impacts others since there are a few who have this same problem.

And no Rias, I don't mean sorcerous healing. You have already said no to that numerous times and I wouldn't even think of suggesting it again. I mean an alternative. Alchemy potentially, or some other method.

Yes Lemuel. I never thought I'd say it but I entirely agree. You hit the nail on the head.
Lae

Post by Lae »

[quote=Acarin]

Also Lae, this is not just a personal issue but one that I'm sure impacts others since there are a few who have this same problem.

[/quote]

When they post here I'll believe it.
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
Lae

Post by Lae »

Also, and you're going to have to forgive me for digressing, but nobody currently takes advantage of Thaumaturgy as a means to get themselves healed, so you are in no way behind and bereft and alone Acarin. Everyone is in the same boat as you with the bandages.

Buy them off of Kiyaani. I make them for her by the dozen, she asks nicely.

Return to “General Announcements”