Downtime - move to new server

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Rias
DEV

Downtime - move to new server

Post by Rias »

The game will be down for a while as we move it to a new and much better server! This is hopefully the end of network lag, longer-than-normal roundtimes, and so forth.
The lore compels me!
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Are we looking at minutes, hours, or days?
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Hopefully it'll be ready any minute now.

Hopefully.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

We're back. There are sure to be some little bugs and other issues here and there as a result from a server move. I'm a realist. Please report them with as much detail as possible!
The lore compels me!
Emerson

Post by Emerson »

I'm having trouble getting to the main webpage right now. Did the wiki poof?

Also: http://clok.contrarium.net/play/hmud This doesn't let me go directly to the game right now, it gives me a 404 Not Found error.
Last edited by Emerson on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yay, our first issue! For now, go to wiki.contrarium.net instead of clok.contrarium.net. I'm looking into it.
The lore compels me!
Hadya

Post by Hadya »

Dactor and I are unable to login using the mushclient, but we're both able to use blowtorch on our phones. This is the message we get:

Unable to resolve host name for "clok.contrarium.net", code = 11004 (Valid name, no data record of requested type)

Not sure what to do about it!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I had that problem too. I restarted the client and then just kept spamming connect and open world until it relented.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

I'm noticing this too, but haven't been able to narrow down the cause yet. It seems to be a DNS issue, opening a command prompt and doing ipconfig /flushdns helped on one of my devices but not the others.

Overall, I've got five devices, 2 of which immediately picked up the new server address, one of which worked fine after a dns flush, and 2 that are still not working.

I'm going to continue investigating this issue tomorrow morning.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Well, it does seem to be running smoother and without the lags.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Emerson

Post by Emerson »

The "Play Now" link on the main webpage still doesn't seem to be working for me, though I can get to the wiki now fine.
Emerson

Post by Emerson »

Good news is that the link works now. Bad news is that I'm getting this:

(Flash required - if loading never completes, ensure you have a Flash plugin installed)Loading ... OK!Connecting to CLOK ... ... connection failed. Contact the server owner (admin@contrarium.net) and tell him to fix the flash policy listener.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Did you contact the server owner (admin@contrarium.net) and tell him to fix the flash policy listener?

Sorry, couldn't resist. We're working on it.
The lore compels me!
Emerson

Post by Emerson »

Didn't have access to e-mail at the time. ;) So I did the next best thing to harrass you! And it's still not working for me by the way. Is anyone else having this issue or am I alone in this?
Last edited by Emerson on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Sorry this took so long. Connecting via the site should work now.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Announcements”