Haiban post office

The new home of the Western Coalition.
Jirato
DEV

Haiban post office

Post by Jirato »

Had originally posted this in the IC discussion forum before remembering that's for IC stuff only.

Haiban will not be getting a second post office. There are only eight rooms from Haiban North to Haiban South. It's not really that far...
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
sona

Re: Haiban post office

Post by sona »

from the workroom(s): ent gate, southeast(x*)[if you're not in the diamond room, this may be southeast x 2-4], ent gate, east,south,ent door,south,ent avenue, west,ent gate, southwest,ent bridge,south, south, ent arch, east, east, north, ent office
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

There's no risk, no involved RT, nothing but a few seconds of minor inconvenience to go to the other side of town. If that prevents you from attending player requests for the services you provide, as an Artisan whom presumably wants to be important to other players via the services they provide, that's ... kinda confusing.
The lore compels me!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

I think it is the fact it is a bunch of non-standard typing. For people who normally play on phones, or hell, even keyboards, that's a lot of additional typing instead of just *bang bang bang* on a numpad.

And also, IC wise, the Coalition must realize and indeed, want their Artisans mostly hammering away in the workshops working on equipment and items. Personally, I'd almost think it makes sense for them to ensure that mail which would often deal with requests for gear/etc/purchases, were gotten to them as quickly as possible while ensuring they got back into the forges.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Not the guru, but while we're on the "IC logic" side of things, I would assume the Coalition specifically would want people ordering through purchase orders (so the Coalition gets their cut for the work done by the Artisans they've so extensively trained) rather than mailing requests directly to Artisans.

Regarding the movement - I doubt there's going to be a post office in the actual work rooms or anywhere within the Artisan Compound itself either way, so a lot of that non-standard stuff is still going to be required just to exit the compound anyway, even if a post office was added to Haiban North. Once outside the compound, as far as I can tell, the straightest path is to go:

w
g gate
sw
s
s
s
s
s
s
g arch
e
e
n
g office

So, 15 risk-free no-roundtime movements, 3 requiring the go (or enter) command, and that stretch of souths that can be machinegun-repeated. More inconvenient than going from the Shadgard workyard to the Shadgard town hall? Sure. (But Shadgard > Haiban anyway, we all know this) Worth willingly forfeiting business over having to do that only when you already conveniently know you have mail or need to send mail? I know I wouldn't.

Wait ... your way is shorter. Why does "go bridge" on the north end of the bridge zap you several rooms south along the bridge instantly, and why is that method one-way only? Hmmm. Admittedly, I still get lost around Haiban South, to say nothing of the new Haiban North or traveling between the two.

Anyway, after careful consideration, I have come up with a solution for you! Move to Shadgard. Or maybe Mistral Lake. *cough*
The lore compels me!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Rias wrote:Anyway, after careful consideration, I have come up with a solution for you! Move to Shadgard. Or maybe Mistral Lake. *cough*
Screw you hippy! Corvus. >.<
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
sona

Post by sona »

I'll just make a script. Because scripts make everything better and is easier than adding stuff.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

This is hilarious to me personally. I swear artisans now adays are turning into mini-ardors and refusing to move with a passion, hahah. Personally to add to the topic at hand a bit more, I would be confused as to why one town (even one large enough to be split into two sections) would need multiple post offices.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

hey man. I move! :p.

I don't have a problem with the post office being where it is. Inconvenient at times? Yep.

I would love it if the purchase order system was used, but when I see people offering 30 riln for a high-quality iron sword...hahahahaha. I'll do my own business and cut out stupid offers like that right as it is. Plus, I have a pricing system I like. Not only that but it's not stated we have to give the coalition money anywhere. But I do, 450 riln a day, 1500 riln a month, plus whenever I want lessons from Locke I pay. I buy loads from the import shop whenever it's stalked, and I sell to Haiban's market. Haiban proffets greatly from me.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

that being said, I'd let the coalition take more money too if they gave me a sails cart, shop of some sort, or a way for me to sell my stuff without being there all the time. They can even take their cut off the top. (I'd charge more to make up the difference, but they'd still get paid).
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Purchase orders...

I have a love hate relationship with them.

I know this is off-topic but I'd like to see them become a requirement to fill. At least a few a month.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Haiban”