Winter Solstice Snow Sculpture Contest 1218!

General discussion of events in CLOK.
Uyoku
GM

Winter Solstice Snow Sculpture Contest 1218!

Post by Uyoku »

Greetings all of the lost lands!

It is that time again for Tomas Froste to showcase his unique set of skills in ice and snow sculpture. It is time to show the lands what your wonderful minds and imaginations can create to be formed into this beautiful yet temporary medium of snow and ice!

Beginning today you can submit your ideas in the powder blue pavilion that Tomas and his associates has set up at the north western end of Ebon Pass closest to Haiban.

The rules.

You have until Desumbar 14 at 11 bells post zenith to submit your designs. Parchment and quills will be available for purchase. Simply drop your entry into the marked box. Designs submitted past this point will not be accepted.

Please provide a description of what you envision your sculpture to look like along with a possible title and your name.

Remember to keep things in the theme and family friendly. Be as weird and as wacky as you like. We'll do our best to use what you have to create something awesome and as close to your vision as possible.

Voting will be open from Desumbar 15 to Desumbar 20 at 11 bells post zenith. Just drop your votes in the box. Please mark what sculpture you are voting with by the sculpture title. There is a limit that is one vote per character.

Please note that votes made for your own sculpture by your alts will result in being disqualified. Note policy 4 here.

Everyone who participates by submitting a sculpture will receive something special while winners will get something particularly neat.

Please have fun and we look forward to what you can create!

Happy Winter Solstice!

Note: 11 bells post zenith is 1 a.m. Eastern, 10 p.m. Pacific time.
[GMCHAT - Developer Jirato (Discord)]: Sceptus Corvus, will it blend? *cheesy music plays*

[CHAT - Developer Jirato]: I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. If you're looking for gear coins, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave the cats alone, that'll be the end of it, I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will nerf you.
Uyoku
GM

Re: Winter Solstice Snow Sculpture Contest 1218!

Post by Uyoku »

You still have about a week to submit ideas for this contest. Don't by shy about trying to ask questions here regarding appropriateness of ideas either!

However, this said, I need to make a change to the rules effective immediately. It is still one submission per character, however there is now an additional restriction of two submissions per player. Yes, we can tell, so please do not try and circumvent this.

This means that if you have three alts, two of those characters can submit ideas to the competition.

This was an oversight on my part in writing the rules as I did and I admit I did not think I would need to spell this out but the rest of the team agrees that taking advantage of the way the rules were written to maximize an attempt at winning the overall contest really isn't cool.

This is one of two ways this could have gone, and this is the more relaxed of the two.

Clarification of voting rules may be posted closer to the end date of the submission period, so keep an eye out.

With that said, it has been amazing to see what you have all come up with. Please continue to submit your ideas and over the coming days as the time for voting comes near, the finished sculptures will slowly be erected in the pavilion. Some are in fact there now for everyone to look at.

Thank you and keep submitting!
[GMCHAT - Developer Jirato (Discord)]: Sceptus Corvus, will it blend? *cheesy music plays*

[CHAT - Developer Jirato]: I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. If you're looking for gear coins, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave the cats alone, that'll be the end of it, I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will nerf you.
Uyoku
GM

Post by Uyoku »

This is the last day to enter and I still have one entry that has no character name associated with it. It will be posted up with the rest, but if you do not get me your character name responsible for it, you will not be able to recieve either the participation prize or one o the top three prizes if you win voting.

I really think everyone will enjoy and there will also be something special posted soon regarding this as well. So, please keep an eye out. I think you will really enjoy it!

I want to thank everyone, this year has been as successful as the lat time I ran this event and it has been amazing to once more see your creativity.

I have learned a few things about how I'd like to handle this in future and while I do not think this will be a yearly event as it does take a lot of time, I plan to do it again.

Voting will begin tomorrow and if every entry is not up by tomorrow morning they will be early as soon as I am up and able to finish. So please the sooner you get your entries in the better! The box will be removed until voting begins to prevent premature voting as well.

When voting begins please submit your vote for the sculpture by the name of the piece. This box is monitored and attempting to flood voting will result in every vote entered by you to be void, so please don't even try.

Right, that's all I think for now. Happy sculpting everyone!

Uyoku
GM

Post by Uyoku »

Voting Guidelines and Rules

Voting begins December 15 and will end on December 20 around 11 bells post zenith, or 11 PM mountain Time or 10 p.m. Pacific 1 a.m. Eastern.

With that said, we are limiting the votes to two characters per player, two different votes per character, following the same as submission guidelines.

Simply write which sculpture you are voting for on a piece of parchment and drop it in the box.
This box is monitored and any attempts to pad the vote in any way will result in invalidation of all votes submitted by you and possibly disqualification from the contest as a whole.

The top three sculpture's owners will get an awesome prize while everyone, including winners, will get something cool as well.

Everyone should receive their prizes on December 21st. The top three will be announced and posted on town boards as well.

Keep checking in on this thread for more exciting news, the contest may be coming to a close quickly, however, there are still surprises in store. We hope everyone has had fun and so far we have already surpassed the entries from the last time this was done. We had a total of thirteen submissions in 2015 when this was last held and we have passed that number by a few. I'll have a final tally in the morning.

If you have any questions please reach out, I don't bite and I want everyone to have as much fun with this as possible!.

Happy Voting everyone!

Uyoku
GM

Post by Uyoku »

Hello all! Are we tired of posts being made here? I certainly hope not!

As a special treat Harrie Froste has created each contest submission in a miniature statuette glass form for purchase.

They can be purchased in the pavilion and there is a limit of one per person.

Once the pavilion is taken down, these will be gone forever, so buy them while you can. Tomas and harrie Froste plan to leave the pavilion open until the beginning of the new year so get them while they exist!

Thank you all for such a wonderful turn out. We had seventeen submissions total! The last time this contest was held it came away with thirteen submissions. Thank you for making this such a success thus far and remember...

Vote, vote vote!

Uyoku
GM

Post by Uyoku »

Congratulations to everyone who participated! Almost every sculpture got at least one vote.

Here are th ewinners as followed!

In third place we have the following: Justified Flaunting, Hope, Life's Struggle and The Nature of Man.

In second place we have Hunting Bunnies and Secret Admirer.

And finally in first place we have The Black Between the Stars.

Everyone will be receiving their participation gifts and winners their prizes soon in a few days.

If for some reason you do not receive your gift or prize within two weeks, please reach out.

Character names have been left off on purpose so that they may choose to reveal who they are or not.

Congratulations again and this has been amazing to see your creativity!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy Winter Solstice all! May you all have a wonderful end of year!

Return to “General Events”