Of Dominions and Resistances

General discussion of events in CLOK.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Of Dominions and Resistances

Post by Rias »

Over the past years, the Mistveil Dominion has done much to establish peace, order, and prosperity in their domain. The people of Mistral Lake have enjoyed an increased quality of life, to be sure. And yet, there are those who continue to resist this progress toward a greater and unified Lost Lands. Dominion forces have been harried and scattered by such peace-defying peoples. Many a tower-emblazoned banner, once standing for security and order, has been defaced with a trio of slashes forming the letter F, indicating that the masked madman Fabrizio continues to rally insurgents as he sows chaos and conflict across the land.

Whether these "resistance" strikes will truly disrupt the Mistveil Dominion or simply prod it into greater measures of effort in securing its lands has yet to be seen, but there is sure to be conflict in the Lost Lands as a result.

---------------------

Stuff is happening! Get involved or don't - events will progress regardless. We'll do our best to circulate news of the more significant events so people can keep up on some of the stuff they may have missed.
The lore compels me!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Of Dominions and Resistances

Post by Rias »

An important note for those wanting to get particularly involved in this stuff: The Dominion/Resistance events are very likely to have long-term effects on those who get seriously involved. It is a highly volatile, political, dangerous, conflict-driven, and world-affecting situation that should not be expected to be resolved quickly and have everything return to "the way things were."

Because of this, we will be actively avoiding deeper involvement of characters who do not have the Events flag toggled on. Anyone wanting to become seriously involved in the dangerous conflict and dymanics behind the Dominion and Resistance situation should use the EVENT command in-game, review what it says, and if still willing, confirm it to enable their Events flag.

P.S. There's no plan on which side will "win", or whether either will have an ultimately decisive victory. No railroads here. No guarantees one side will triumph over the other. "Good" is not guaranteed to vanquish "Evil" - such things are highly subjective anyway.
The lore compels me!
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

Event Flag = On

I am in agreement.

Just don't brutally maul my face beyond recognition. Or do! I'll be that indistinguishable guy that is spoken of in whispers.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

If we have our event flagged turned on, is there a way we can specify that we only want the event flag turned on for the Dominion stuff and not for some other thing we're not exactly willing to participate in?
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

jilliana wrote:If we have our event flagged turned on, is there a way we can specify that we only want the event flag turned on for the Dominion stuff and not for some other thing we're not exactly willing to participate in?
I didn't set up the policy nor the flag, but my understanding is that it's an "all or nothing" type of deal.
The lore compels me!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Running events as a GM comes with a high dosage of self-doubt. We're constantly left wondering, "Did we do this OK?", "Is the player going to be angry at us?" and so on. There's also the unfortunately common and frequent issue of us spending hours to prepare something special, try to grab someone's attention through subtle IC hints, room scripts and such, only to be completely and totally ignored.

The main purpose of the event flag is to help alleviate some of that doubt, and also signal that, hey, you'll -probably- respond to an avatar of Malfant trying to grab your attention while you're fighting infested laborers.

With that said, the event flag is more meant for GM-initiated interactions. When a player chooses to initiate action related to an ongoing persistent event, they are going to get involved, even if there are consequences. For example, if they decide to attack one of the quarantine zones most powerful armies that is currently seeking to expand their influence, said character is still going to suffer consequences such as faction loss, being banished from a town, or possibly being marked as kill-on-sight at any current and future outposts said army may have.

Really, if you don't want to turn on your event flag, that's fine. We fully understand there are some people out there just looking for a pure hack and slash and don't care about world involvement. However, it's best to stay completely clear of any such world-changing events if you wish to keep your event flag off. I'd also suggest someone looking to remain neutral avoid joining any of the guilds that are biased towards either protecting others (Tse Gaiyan, Church of Light, Wyrvardn) or towards potentially evil actions (Claw of Shar, Harbingers of Aranas). In fact, there really should be a disclaimer when joining said guilds that by joining, you are consenting to possible conflict and being involved in said events.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

Jirato wrote:I'd also suggest someone looking to remain neutral avoid joining any of the guilds that are biased towards either protecting others (Tse Gaiyan, Church of Light, Wyrvardn) or towards potentially evil actions (Claw of Shar, Harbingers of Aranas). In fact, there really should be a disclaimer when joining said guilds that by joining, you are consenting to possible conflict and being involved in said events.
A question of clarity, regarding Tse Gaiyan, how will they be involved with things Dominion/Resistance. If this planned to be revealed IC, that would be very splendid. As, I don't think this is the board for such information.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Sorry, my statements had more to do with general use and purpose of the event flag, nothing to do with the Dominion specifically. Didn't mean to derail.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Events”