General Sharing of Information and Stories

General discussion of events in CLOK.
Kiyaani

General Sharing of Information and Stories

Post by Kiyaani »

Hey guys,

I'm sure you're all aware that Clok has a very small population. One of the things that I hear repeatedly is there isn't enough sharing of information in-game. And it's understandable to some extent.

People will login at different times, miss each other, an event may happen, things may be discovered, interactions may be had, but generally if you're not on at the time things are going down you may never know it happened or that anything is going on and that can make people feel excluded or isolated in a world that is very much alive.

On the flip side of that, I can't tell you how many times people have expressed gratitude towards anyone who will sit down and RP with them about even mundane things that their character experienced. Just being able to catch up is fun. It doesn't have to be something grand or earth-shattering, but it can be that too.

What I'd like to suggest - to everyone - is that you make a more conscious effort to be inclusive and share with others in the game world. I completely understand that this may be uncomfortable for some people or their characters might not talk to so-and-so generally, but I think it's important to try and find ways to allow others to share in the activity that's going on and to see that Clok is active, and for people to be able to experience the world more fully.

And again, this can include anything. It doesn't have to be grand stuff. Anything that makes your character who they are can be fun and engaging for other players to learn about. If you spent 2 hours weeding your field and you're covered in dirt and tired and sore - share that. If you discovered a rare vein in your mine - share that. If you saw a particularly gnarly infested and it nearly tore your arm off but you managed to prevail - share that. And again, sharing in the moment is great, but also sharing afterwards with people who may not have been on just then is amazing too.

Now, that's not to say that if there's some super secret, plot-driving event going on that you have to spill the beans. I'm just saying for general stuff or common knowledge stuff or possible fun stuff - let's try to be more aware that there are others out there with different schedules who may not be around as much or may just miss something, but who want to be a part of Clok's world.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Return to “General Events”