Briarwood Equestrian

General discussion of events in CLOK.
vidor

Re: Briarwood Equestrian

Post by vidor »

I love love love this. Great work on it! :)
Is it possible to buy a horse weapons harness? I'd ideally love to see it where other players can't take from it (the horse wouldn't get close enough to let them), but can assume that's probably a pain in the rump to code. At the very least not while horsey owner player is still in the room (same system we have for wagons). Just something where we can keep our javelin/musket/longsword/staff?
Come to think of it, saddlebags would also be amazing.
These are just asking for an extra cherry on top of the awesome sunday. Thanks again CLOK (the GM and the game!)
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

These horses are AMAZING! I really like the event, the descriptions are short, concise, yet deliver the idea that they're well-trained compared to teh average horse.

Now, I hate to be that guy, but would it be possible to announce a scheduled date and time for a trainer to appear? I'm worried that an unannounced trainer will pop up while i'm away from the game and I'm going to miss the opportunity of a lifetime.
CLOK
Event Staff

Post by CLOK »

Appearances will be announced, and it will happen multiple times for this event, not just once. There are also very good chances of these merchants coming around again in the future, since we don't want anyone to feel like they missed out forever on it. That said, while appearances are generally done on a whim, we'll see about setting up at least one specific date to announce in advance.
CLOK
Event Staff

Post by CLOK »

Wuldric Briarwood can be found at Briarwood Equestrian over the next hour or so for the grooming and training of horses. The following services are available:

Endurance Training (increase maximum energy): 25,000 riln
Maneuver Training* (increase dodge): 3,500 riln for minor training or 7,000 riln for major training
Battle Training* (increase melee and brawling - warhorses only): 7,500 riln for minor training or 15,000 riln for major training
Horse Grooming (alter short appearance or long description - noun/breed cannot be changed): 1,000 riln per service (Please come ready with your own alteration text. The GM/NPC will not provide ideas for you.)

*Please note that warhorses that have been purchased from Briarwood Equestrian CANNOT receive further combat training at this event, as they have already been trained by the Briarwoods.

We ask that players please exercise a little suspension of disbelief for the training services. Obviously it should take longer than the time it takes for money to exchange hands in order to train a horse, but rather than take players' horses away from them for ages of training time, we've opted to simply apply the training results instantaneously.
CLOK
Event Staff

Post by CLOK »

We're all done with the training and grooming for today. Wuldric will show up from time to time over the next week, so no need for anyone to despair over missing this time.

Return to “General Events”