The Bandit Fort Crusade!

General discussion of events in CLOK.
Teek

Re: The Bandit Fort Crusade!

Post by Teek »

I don't look at it as something "I" want them to do. Going in and storming a Bandit Fort does not benefit me as a player, or Teek as a character.

I look at it as something people should want to do for themselves. As a character. As a person living in the Lost Lands with the ability to effect the world around them. It reminds me of those people in WW2 who wanted the US to stay out of "Europe's Business" While horrors occurred.

Who am I to tell people how to play their characters? Nobody. People will play how they want, why they want. However, if your the kinda person that pays no mind to mass murders, battles, and slaughter...well, I wonder about that character. Sure, they have IC reasons to not be interested, and I have both IC and OOC reasons to believe that those reasons are stupid.

It boggles my mind when I think about it. I mean, really really think about it IC. Your land is not safe. It's not, it's really not. People are having Tea parties, and polite conversations, and arguing about rude manners...when you throw a rock in almost any direction and find something that wants to kill you. Or eat you. Or corrupt your body if you are extremely unlucky. When I think about why this is, I guess maybe people have just gotten used to the idea of it. "Oh, 20 people died? Ah well!"... I don't think that is a good thing either, but I get it.

And if my GM dangling candy remark offended you? Well, I'll attempt to clarify. I realize many people have worked hard to try to get RP off the ground, and it come to nothing.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Thread closed while I read and and see what's going on here. Lets all take a chill pill.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

It was a cool idea when I first saw it mentioned, and I was looking forward to see what would come of it. Unfortunately, it may have simply just been a little bit too grand of a plan for the current size of CLOK's community. I can guarantee you there will be more opportunities to coordinate and organize your own player-driven events as we get more players, which we expect to very soon. You can't really expect 90% of the player base to jump on board with every plan. Even 50% is a bit optimistic.

That's not to say these players are wrong or bad. But everyone has their own agenda and intent when playing. And even when their goals align with yours, there's RL scheduling, personality conflicts, etc. Not everyone is going to play together. It's a bit unrealistic to expect such, especially when inviting completely opposing factions to work together for your perception of the greater good.

Thanks for the effort, sorry it didn't work out for you. Hopefully it won't turn you away from CLOK. Lets not tear each other apart on the BBS, please.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Events”