Book Writing Contest

General discussion of events in CLOK.
Vinz

Book Writing Contest

Post by Vinz »

Zonia proudly presents his first annual book writing contest. In an attempt to bring knowledge of the world and art to the forefront, he has asked all who believe they have what it takes to write their hearts out and join him in Mistral Lake on the 22nd of May. Three judges will score all the entries and the winners of the various categories will awarded prizes from piles of riln, to certificates to something truly special!

Zonia will also open up his wagon to sell various quills and blank books for the contestants to write in should they desire. The wagon will appear in Mistral Lake sometime this week and all books must be submitted to Zonia before the 22nd (So they can be judged). A full release of categories for winners is coming once they have been finalized, however there will be a fiction, nonfiction as well as one or two others. All individuals will also be given a chance to sell their creations in an open market before the announcements in the afternoon/evening. The final announcements will be made once the books are read, which will depend on how many entries we have at the last minute!

Finally, we are looking for a third judge. If you can commit to being around for a good haul of the 22nd (Books take awhile to read!) and are interested in the literary arts. Please contact Zonia.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
Vinz

Re: Book Writing Contest

Post by Vinz »

Still looking for a delightfully Erudite Judge for our writing contest!
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

I wish I could. I just won't have the time that day :(
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

Zonia's Wagon has appeared in Mistral Lake!
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Solaje

Post by Solaje »

What time do you need your judge to be around on the 22nd?
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

A good deal of the day depending on how many entries we get. I figure we could start around noon server time?
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I'll make myself available then. They should be working on getting me loads to get home for a bit around that time, so a break shouldn't be too hard to get.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Vaylon

Post by Vaylon »

Try as I might, I can't find this wagon. Am I missing something obvious?
"I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy." - The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde
sona

Post by sona »

I too am having difficulties locating this wagon.
Skah

Post by Skah »

I can confirm that it is not where it was. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it was effected by the room rollback that happened after the crash.
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

The wagon was restored including the one of a kind books within it. Its in Mistral Lakes commons give or take. As well Zonia will be appearing (later this week when I am free again. Wed, Thursday and of course Friday) to rebind books (Book alters!).

On Friday there will also be a scribing service (I'll copy books for you so you don't have to do it by hand) but I'll charge you the base cost of the book. This will be so you can sell your own copies of the book to the world at large. So make sure you bring lots of riln if you want a lot of copies. As it is, books are EXPENSIVE, do remember that people selling their books will more than likely be selling them for over 1,000 riln each. Book writing and making is big big money and if its a solid book, I hope we can see some people pulling in a lot of riln for their success! I do look forward to the contest itself and the sudden and intense book market that will spring up around this event! This kind of thing can lend a LOT of life and spirit to a world, imagine a Clok with prayer books, guidebooks to crafts to answer a lot of questions in an IC manner and more beautifully...a library in a home FULL of great information.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
sona

Post by sona »

My entry is complete now, can I submit it before hand/do I npcmail it to Zonia? Will it still be a valid entry if I can't make it in person on event day?
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

Entries may be mailed in! perfectly fine if you cant be there as long as we have the book so we can judge it.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

The final days are counting down. zonia will be around to do book bindings again a few more times before but we REALLY do need a third judge and coming soon this week i will be releasing the final prize list.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

Maric probably won't be finished in time. So he can be the last judge.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
sona

Post by sona »

What time on the 22nd will this happen?
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

Its going to be kind of an all day kind of thing. It should start around noon and finish once we have all the books and rated them all. please have your books in by noon server time.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I will do what I can to be around to read and properly judge, but I may not be able to be around for the whole day. Hard to say with my job. :/
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Vaylon

Post by Vaylon »

If Fayne doesn't show up, then I will volunteer my services as a judge. I never got around to writing anyway since there were so many other things I had to do.
"I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy." - The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde

Return to “General Events”