This Guild still active?

Sit around the campfire with your fellow bushcrafters.
Mooshie

This Guild still active?

Post by Mooshie »

Just browsing the forums, seems like this guild might not be active anymore. I was considering joining, cause it's a good fit for my character..but, It might be lonely. Then again, hat might be the whole point of it!
Dakhal

Re: This Guild still active?

Post by Dakhal »

I wasn't aware this guild ever had any noteworthy amounts of activity. It's just a group of (hipsters) people who are interested in survival outdoors, but not man enough to live without society.

Also, I'm not bashing. I love Snowpiners.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I always saw them more as equivalent to trappers/fur-traders/mountain-men than hippies. They're not druidic like Udemi after all and while they seem to like to be self-sufficient they're also out to make a buck. It's not that they shun towns, but that they prefer to be able to take care of themselves.

Either way - to answer your question - I have seen one or two of them lurking around from time to time. I think many of them are alts, however. If a dedicated snowpiner was around they might play more. It's a guild mostly there for RP purposes and doesn't offer much in the way of special abilities or mechanical benefit (especially since generalized abilities were released), but if it fits your character I'd say go for it.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

guild snowpine
Snowpine Lodge is a loose conglomeration of wilderness explorers, hunters, woodsmen, survivalists, and similar-minded people who desire skills and knowledge to survive out in the wild. They don't practice or promote any specifc ideals or creed, other than the desire to be able to live off the land and live free.
It was never meant to be a particularly involved guild, and admittedly was made so people could learn bushcrafty skills without needing to sign up with Tse Gaiyan and dedicate themselves to fighitng the resen or being expected to be druids (see previously-mentioned "hippies") - this was before Generalized Abilities was implemented. Mechanically, Snowpine Lodge doesn't really serve much of a purpose post-Generalization, but it still holds a special place in my heart. I'd love to do stuff with it sometime - just little stuff, no grand quests or epic world-saving adventures or anything. Maybe.
The lore compels me!
Mooshie

Post by Mooshie »

Well, as soon as I get the in and outs of doing this intro task finished, I'll be joining up! Might not be saving the world from resen, but I'm sure I'll have fun enjoin and exploring the land regardless. Plus the guild gives off a more hunter-esque vibe that I like.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

the upside to Snowpine is not really having other guild members around isn't really all that bad a thing. If you wantted companionship you'd be picking another guild anyway.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

There's a lot of cool stuff to be had from playing a more solo, survivalist character. The one thing I'd say, is that finding RP can be difficult if you avoid cities at times. But it's a very, very rewarding experience. I'd say not much more is rewarding than building up a character from nothing, making your own tools, gathering and preparing food, and carving out your little Wild Niche. I think the only thing I've enjoyed more on Clok is just exploring new (to me at least) areas, and finding little nuggets of Lore.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Rodolfo

Post by Rodolfo »

Another member checking in.

Return to “Snowpine Lodge”