Religious Text and Artifacts

Discussion about the Immortals, AKA gods, deities, etc.
Astrea

Religious Text and Artifacts

Post by Astrea »

Hello,

I'm new to Clok and already I'm really into the lore of the world, my toon has even chosen to honor one of the immortals. I was curious if there were religious texts or artifacts scattered throughout the lost lands? Something for characters to read and interpret as the search for meaning and understanding of their religion or their immortal they choose to honor.

Might even make for a new task idea for some of the guilds the obvious two being the monks/templars. Maybe even Harbs and for nefarious reasons one of the other sneaky guilds, because what collector wouldn't pay top dollar for an artifact? <---- This may be something already implemented as I stated I'm knew here, just tossing an idea into the ring.

Great job to the one they call the Lord Hermit and everyone else dedicated to Clok and preserving its lore. I've had a great time reading up on the immortals and various other races and such as I continue to shape my toon through experience IC and reading the lore the realm has to offer.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Religious Text and Artifacts

Post by Rias »

Astrea wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:10 pmLord Hermit
Pssst, that D is supposed to be an E.

And now a fun fact: Monks and Templar aren't particularly religious in the typical sense. While they're affiliated with the confusingly-named Church of Light, said Church is more about espousing the general philosophies of compassion, charity, self-worth, and self-reliance, rather than usual religious-y stuff about Immortals and creation mythologies and the nature of souls and afterlives and whatnot. Serafina is considered a patron, as a guide and a teacher of such things, but refuses worship or religious devotion.

I know. Whoever decided to call that organization a "church" was a total goober.
The lore compels me!
Astrea

Post by Astrea »

Rias wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:32 pm
Astrea wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:10 pmLord Hermit
Pssst, that D is supposed to be an E.

And now a fun fact: Monks and Templar aren't particularly religious in the typical sense. While they're affiliated with the confusingly-named Church of Light, said Church is more about espousing the general philosophies of compassion, charity, self-worth, and self-reliance, rather than usual religious-y stuff about Immortals and creation mythologies and the nature of souls and afterlives and whatnot. Serafina is considered a patron, as a guide and a teacher of such things, but refuses worship or religious devotion.

I know. Whoever decided to call that organization a "church" was a total goober.
That typo is kinda funny, Rias the lord of Hermits!

I see, well that is good to know it is likely plastered in the forums someplace and I've not read through it yet or overlooked it. Just a passing thought as I was reading through things. Thank you again for the clarification.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Astrea wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:10 pm Hello,

I'm new to Clok and already I'm really into the lore of the world, my toon has even chosen to honor one of the immortals. I was curious if there were religious texts or artifacts scattered throughout the lost lands? Something for characters to read and interpret as the search for meaning and understanding of their religion or their immortal they choose to honor.

Might even make for a new task idea for some of the guilds the obvious two being the monks/templars. Maybe even Harbs and for nefarious reasons one of the other sneaky guilds, because what collector wouldn't pay top dollar for an artifact? <---- This may be something already implemented as I stated I'm knew here, just tossing an idea into the ring.

Great job to the one they call the Lord Hermit and everyone else dedicated to Clok and preserving its lore. I've had a great time reading up on the immortals and various other races and such as I continue to shape my toon through experience IC and reading the lore the realm has to offer.
Hi there. I don't play Clok anymore, but I do still read the forums, because I'm a dork.

I just wanted to say, while I don't recall having run into a religious, or Immortal-centric, artifact in the game, my character has in the past found special, one time treasure. I couldn't say whether or not anything like that exists out in the Clok world anymore, but I always believed there were probably still hidden caches of lore-heavy treasure out there for anyone who was intrepid and persistent enough to find them.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Over the years, I have come across masterful versions of models, sculptures, statuettes, and carvings of various immortals. There are shrines in some places as well. I can't say there are these available for every immortal though.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants

Return to “Immortals”