Guild-Wide Mass Messages

Alexander

Guild-Wide Mass Messages

Post by Alexander »

This is a feature request for guild members of particular trust or standing to be able to send a message to all members of a guild. The post boards are nice, but see little use, and do not seem to be regularly checked by members. By utilizing the mail system, all members are sure to at least be notified that there is a message waiting in their mailbox when they log in, and those with the Mail Alert option will be notified that way as well, resulting in increased communications.

Naturally, the usage would likely have to be monitored somewhat to prevent abuse and frivolous usage, so it may not be desirable to the GMs for this reason. I thought there to be no harm in requesting it, though.

A last-minute thought: It would be nice for certain guilds to be able to message their sister-guilds as well, such as Monastic Order and Knights Templar, or Udemi and Utasa.

This idea was spurred by the somewhat recent voicing of the desire by GMs that we player characters attempt to take more proactive and decisive action as active members of our guilds, instead of relying on the NPCs.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Fayne

Re: Guild-Wide Mass Messages

Post by Fayne »

I like the idea. +1
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
ydia

Post by ydia »

I love the idea!
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
sona

Post by sona »

in my mind:

pros: getting to chat with people from the same organization as you - yay!

cons: will lead to the thinning out of the ESP networks to some degree, which see a modest but not usually large amount of activity, as people slink off to their guild channels.

undecided: As the esp network becomes quieter, Sona will feel a need to belt out songs over the network more or less nonstop. This could be an awesome thing, or a really not awesome thing, depending on your opinion :)
ydia

Post by ydia »

this would not be a guild channel. Guild channels already exist. This would be something like a mail or some notification system.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Keep in mind as well that not all guilds use ESP crystals for...reasons. I do like this idea.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I forget... did I ever implement this?

I added mass guild mails, I just forget if I added a system to allow certain non-GM entities to use them. Right now, it can be accomplished by sending the letter to your guildmaster with a note asking them to distribute it, but I agree it'd be cool if we could promote certain members to allow them to do it themselves (yay for player run guilds, less responsibility for us!)
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
glare

Post by glare »

necro reply I guess?

I don't believe you did, not in the mercs at any rate
Not that I can find in game or on the forums anyway
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

There aren't really any mercs I'd entrust with the ability.

Its not available to everyone, its granted to individuals on a case by case basis. You have to really go above and beyond and be an exemplary member of your guild to even be in consideration. I believe there's three characters (two Templar and one Wyrvardn) that had the ability, though all three are kind of inactive now, that was years ago (see date of original post).
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Guild Discussion”