Guild Boards

Derik

Guild Boards

Post by Derik »

One thing that I have felt during my time with clok so far is a lack of guild unity. One of the key issues is a lack of easy communications with other guild members. There are IC reasons why there isn't a free cross-mud chat system for each guild and I'm willing to accept that aspect of the game. One thing I would like to see are guild message boards. It will be incredibly helpful for new members of a guild to have access a message board. Guild information could be posted that will help new members make the early choices, find areas to hunt, directions to places that tasks are given, etc. The Wiki and BBS are grate places to reference but it isn't the same as an IC alternative. Keeping new blood is one of the most important things for a MUD and this will help the new players a lot.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Guild Boards

Post by Rias »

Most guilds actually sell uniques ESP tuners, so members can talk to one another on ESP without non-members listening. A few of them get fairly frequent use.

At least one guild has post boards in its locations. If there isn't one in a guild you're in, send NPCmail to your guildmaster to request one!
The lore compels me!
Derik

Post by Derik »

I'll do just that next time I'm on but it seems like something that would be good for any of the guilds you can join solo. The trouble with the guild ESP channels is more the limited time of usage, cost for young players, and not knowing about right away. Like I said though, I'm fine with the restrictions on the guild ESP channels.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

not sure about boards, but being able to ask recruiters and task masters about guild assets such as other guild locations, and services would be nice.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Nifty idea! Remind me to add more askable info to guild NPCs.
The lore compels me!
Derik

Post by Derik »

I'm all for basic information coming from the NPCs but this removes the key element, the data on a message board comes from other players. It's information that the guild has because the player members of that guild found it and put that information on the board. The hard work that one of the Elemancer player does in learning things about the guild and world can be passed on to others of the guild. I a new Elemancer would read the post and see the name and feel a connection to a player in my guild.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I don't think these would be as useful as you think, simply because posts disappear. It's possible that people would continuously post stuff on them, but I think using ESP is easier, and wouldn't require somewhat constant upkeep on the part of players.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Derik

Post by Derik »

Then perhaps something that works Differently then the current boards? If the reason this wont work well is because the boards don't work the way they need to then it seems like allowing these boards to have posts remain longer or until deleted solves that issue. Even if the posts get removed it would still be better then ESP, not all players are on in the prime times when ESP would allow the questions to get answered.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Basically what we can take from this is that the best, most awesomest guild has post boards, and the lame ones don't.
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

That's funny because I know you meant your guild, but mine already had one.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

But does yours frequently have amusing insults posted on it? I think not! Yours is limited to boring requisitions.
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Your mother was a hamster!
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Your father smelt of elderberries!
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

http://youtu.be/DuU-7_NImaQ

Your mum is a girl.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”

Return to “General Guild Discussion”