Profane Knights and Heretics announced!

Rias
Lore Hermit

Profane Knights and Heretics announced!

Post by Rias »

Many have heard the rumors that the Lost Lands chapters of the Monastic Order and Knights Templar are undergoing a reform, becoming more strict with their members and enforcing more rigid behavioral guidelines. While this has been widely accepted as a much-needed move, reports have come in from unnamed sources that things were far worse than the Church was letting on.

Several reports and documents have been gathered together to reveal what is a shocking and disturbing travesty of these organizations who have claimed to dedicate themselves to compassion and the well-being of their fellow man. Templar committing gross acts of prejudiced judgment, slaying in droves the people they consider too immoral or dishonorable to live, seizing power through the might granted them by their supposed "inner light" and asserting dominance over lesser men too weak-willed to act on their own. Monks abusing children in orphanages, refusing to heal the wounded without payment, engaging in wanton debauchery, and turning their backs on the people whom they deem not holy enough to be deserving of compassion.

The Church has done their best to cover these things up, but these stories couldn't be hidden for long. Despite Church-sanctioned assassinations on those who would reveal the truth, the word has gotten out about these "Fallen" Church members. Abandoned and betrayed by their former Church brethren, many of these Fallen have banded together in attempt to do what they truly believe is right, and do it their way, without the meddlesome interference of the Church who has sought to control and manipulate them for so long. Indeed, their hatred of the Church that they were once a part of now fuels many of them to seek new knowledge and power to replace, or even augment, their previous thaumaturgic training.

---------------------------------------------

OOC: We're proud to introduce two new guilds, the Profane Knight and the Heretic!

Profane Knights are the anti-templar, a tank class of armor-wearing melee warriors that augment their combat with channeling abilities. Because they truly believe what they are doing is the right thing, they maintain their thaumaturgic abilities, but for the first time ever, sorcery and thaumaturgy coexist. Due to the conflicted nature of the Profane Knight's soul, one part of it maintains its deeply-burrowed desire to do good, which fuels thaumaturgy. The other part of the Knight's soul is bitter, jaded, and withered, and has received training under their new Order to wield sorcery in order to do what thaumaturgy cannot. This unique situation allows Profane Knights to be a powerful "Prestige" class, being able to wear full plate armor while having minimal penalties channeling both thaumaturgy AND sorcery.

The overall goal of the Profane Knights is to establish themselves as those with the power and knowledge that will ultimately benefit mankind overall. They realize that it is necessary to enforce order amongst the people. Those who refuse to do as the Profane Knights dictate must unfortunately be slain and removed from society, for the greater good. The Profane Knights alone have the stomach to realize this, unlike their weak Templar leaders who attempt to teach compassion and tolerance and allow chaos to reign.

Heretics are the anti-monk, a "caster" class that has given up thaumaturgy completely in favor of sorcery. For the first time ever, a method has been discovered that allows sorcery to be used as a healing method, dissolving and restructuring damaged bone and tissue while providing corporeal nether to fill in for and replace any missing flesh or bone. This unique method allows them to magically heal tainted as well as non-tainted targets, unlike thaumaturgy which is harmful to nether-tainted beings.

Additionally, Heretics will be able to project their souls into a nether-form which can then seek out and retrieve souls of the Undying that linger, and return them to those souls to a dead body. This in addition to wandering the lands as a nether-spirit, able to channel sorcery and fade in and out of view, as well as claw with nether as many wraiths are seen to do.

As Heretics have cast off thaumaturgy completely, they rely completely on sorcery. They will have an array of powerful offense and defense spells, and will have a particular command over the emotion of fear. Using this powerful fear, Heretics will be able to manipulate and control the masses into a more ideal society, instead of following the ways of their foolish prior Monastic brethren who have failed in their attempts to spread kindness, compassion, and charity.

All current Templar and Monk characters will be given the chance to convert to a Profane Knight or Heretic, respectively. Not being nearly as picky as the Church, these guilds will be open for immediate initiation with no interviews or wait periods required ... provided one can find the recruiters.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Re: Profane Knights and Heretics announced!

Post by Kiyaani »

Aw... that's cute.
Skah

Post by Skah »

This is. Unexpected, amazing news! I'm really excited about the introduction of more "Evil" guilds! I remember earlier, there was talk of having two rook streams, one of which would have Nether ressurection and the like. Should I assume that the Heretics will be filling that niche, and if so, is it possible for Rooks to convert to being heretics (awesome news regardless, just curious).
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Oily black hair with bangs covering your eyes will be MANDATORY! Dissenters will be castigated and submitted for reeducation until they can write sufficiently self-loathing poetry!
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Wow this amazing!
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Well at least now more destructive Church members have an excuse to act the way they do. =)
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

SMH.
Makes me wonder what kind of other crazyness you can come up with, Rias.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

[Scrubbed]
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Excellent. I will be converting with all haste.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Karasi

Post by Karasi »

As I told Rias: "I think I just got duped."

Darn! And I was looking forward to a profane knight!

Ah well. I was just thinking earlier that I hadn't been fooled today. I can't say that now. *lol*
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Mwahahaha! The streets will flow with blood! Also, April Fools.
Vitello

Post by Vitello »

Just a joke... lame really had my hopes up the outpost would be at less of a disadvantage.

Return to “General Guild Discussion”