Faded Numbers..

Nootau

Faded Numbers..

Post by Nootau »

A simply question and I hope there are simple answers. Which Guilds currently do not have active members of note? I am not asking known of the guild ICly but in general.
Aerotine

Re: Faded Numbers..

Post by Aerotine »

Good question. What guilds are unpopulated? I feel like me and Pallas joined when there was a lull of people and both professions we took were fairly unpopulated at the time.

I don't think I've seen a bard yet...and when is this new survivalist guild coming out?
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Mummers tend to be one of the rarer guilds from what I can tell. People also seem to make Utasa, but play them infrequently. The same tends to be true of Elemancers.

As for a survivalist guild, I'm not entirely sure. I think that any potential new guilds are probably on the backburners for now, considering the large available guild selection and variety of guild.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

If I had to name the guilds with the least active characters off the top of my head, I'd have to say Utasa and mummers. Semi-active guilds, where we have characters that play semi-regularly, but aren't on all that often, would be thieves and elemancers. Most active and highly-populated guilds would have to be Udemi and traders. Up until recently I didn't see many Templars or monks, but there has been regular activity from those guilds in the past few weeks. Rooks, assassins (if they exist. Shhh), mercs, and Dwaedn Wyr all have pretty active members, but there aren't many of them, so you could consider them highly-active, scarcely-populated.
To be honest, the only new guild I'd like to see implemented anytime soon is the infamous Engineering guild, and that one has been in the planning stages for quite some time. There are just a lot of guilds that already exist, and only about half of them are acceptable to how the GMs want them, and even those still have a lot of work planned for them. I would at least like to see the mummers be built up to par with the rest of the guilds before any new ones are added, as currently I don't see much of a draw to keep any mummer characters active (speaking from experience.).
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

Well, I think one of the reasons people seldom play (or stick to) Mummers is because they're really a group oriented guild. Your abilities really don't shine without a group to buff, and even then you don't have a whole lot of direct ways to buff. They're a more roleplay intensive (I think) guild, and less about combat. So it's unlikely they'll get much that ties into combat outside of Words.
“There is always a choice."
"You mean I could choose certain death?"
"A choice nevertheless, or perhaps an alternative. You see I believe in freedom. Not many people do, although they will of course protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.”

Return to “General Guild Discussion”