Knowing the rank of fellow guildmembers

Crispus

Knowing the rank of fellow guildmembers

Post by Crispus »

When people are in as tight a society as a guild, there is no way to hide one's rank; in fact, it is obvious.

I think that when you PROFILE a person, you should be able to see their rank if they are in the same guild as you are.

Or to role-play it, there should be a ROLL Book in one of the rooms of your guild's special hall, and when you READ ROLL you see a list of all member characters and their ranks.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

There is an issue with that, not everyone is planning to be well known even within their own organization, also, guild ranks does not equate to strength or importance to the guild. There needs to be a distinction between what different ranks even mean other than how many abilities are known, before they really tell you very much.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

I think this should be optional. Like if I were in the Guild of Thieves or Claw of Shar I wouldn't want my name and rank on a public roster that someone could potentially use against me.

An OOC option with the PROFILE command would be good, but I don't see any reason for someone to automatically know your rank IC just by being in the same guild. Maybe badges or something could be used to communicate this on an IC level, if you wanted it to be known to people just by looking at you. It would also be a way for people to show off, for those who enjoy things like that. It could differ per guild, not everyone would have a badge per se. Just an example.

Ideas:

Dwaedn Wyr: Tattoos or marked totems.
Guild of Thieves: Secret hand symbols, I doubt they'd wear anything that could publicly identify them as thieves.
Elemancers: Sigils or something worn on their robes.
Mercenaries: A badge or stripes or something similar to military.
Templar: Similar to mercenaries.
Monks: Can't think of anything, seems a little prideful for monks to show off their rank anyway.

I'm not at my most creative tonight, sorry. That's all I got.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Shar- monk/templar ear necklace
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.

Return to “General Guild Discussion”