Anti-Templar

Makkah

Post by Makkah »

[quote=Bryce]

Now that I think about it, I've got some ideas about a darker-shade-of-gray guild that sows chaos in an orderly fashion for a clear and specific purpose (known to them, at least), but I won't waste any more proverbial pearls here. People are probably tired of reading or ignoring my posts on this subject.[/quote]

On the contrary, sir. I would rather love to hear any ideas you have for any new guild. :)
Tenlaar

Post by Tenlaar »

[quote=Bryce]more interesting than, say, Kefka wanting to become a god out of sheer megalomania and insanity.[/quote]

How dare you sir!

Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Merged discussion from Minor Beacon thread to this Anti-Templar thread.

You know the drill - come up with something cool and believable enough, and we'll likely be unable to resist implementing it. Keep discussing!
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Without knowing more detailed information on the various Immortals, it's hard to pick one that would suit an "evil paladin" archetype. But personally, I'd lean a little more towards something like Aranas or Undm. Something about Spider Knights would just be horrifying but simultaneously amazing. With Undm though, an Order in which her most loyal knights are granted "immortality" through increasing levels of taint could be a potentially fun idea as well.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Spider Knight sounds pretty crazy. Same with Undm and Malfant (guarders of secrets!). Teonanacatl... Knights of Resen!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Well, I think the Resen is supposed to be something separate from Teonanacatl. I don't think Malfant would make for as well done of a group of orderly knights. But a group dedicated to actually protecting the secrets could be fun.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Teonancatl says (Generally unassociated with the resen) next to it on the wiki but knights on shrooms would be funny.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Oh yea... totally misread that as "associated"
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Just throwing this out there... what about just having a catch-all "Paladin" cookie-cutter with some weapon masteries, armor mastery, maybe a riding bonus, some other martial skills, then having different sects set up for different Immortals which grant different abilities. Spider Knights can maybe spin some webs and add some venom-type effects. Fungus spore clouds, etc. Just see a lot of possibility for RP with that idea.
Tenlaar

Post by Tenlaar »

That's a pretty awesome idea.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Granted... it might be a player-by-player application kinda thing. To keep the RP live.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

They said following an immortal could grant some powers. So you could be a merc and follow Aranas or just join no guild, train armor and weapons, and follow patron of your choice. I don't think a single guild for generic paladins who then choose a patron would work, since a lot of them would be at odds based on their patrons. Too chaotic for a singular organization, not sure why they would have set up in the first place.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Oh... I didn't mean a generic Paladin Guild then you choose a patron. Just thought it might be a good idea to have a template to base future Sects on.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

(hahahaha I said sects)
Tenlaar

Post by Tenlaar »

[quote=Bryce]I don't think a single guild for generic paladins who then choose a patron would work, since a lot of them would be at odds based on their patrons. Too chaotic for a singular organization, not sure why they would have set up in the first place.[/quote]

It doesn't have to all be together. You can make a generic set of base skills for the "holy knight" type with a few unique ones for the different Immortals (2 or 3 would be plenty to start with), and have a single guildmaster (though some kind of emissary for the specific immortal could be awesome) for each of the patrons. All of the guilds don't need to be huge, a few rooms would work. For Aranas, you go out into the woods and crawl into a giant spider burrow. Bogvaskr could have a hunting lodge somewhere. Nereia could be a coastal cave, so on and so forth. Having them share the base knightly skill set would cut down on a ton of work versus creating 11 unique skill sets. It would still be a lot of work, but I think it could be very cool and worth doing over time.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

[quote=Tenlaar]
It doesn't have to all be together. You can make a generic set of base skills for the "holy knight" type with a few unique ones for the different Immortals (2 or 3 would be plenty to start with), and have a single guildmaster (though some kind of emissary for the specific immortal could be awesome) for each of the patrons. All of the guilds don't need to be huge, a few rooms would work. For Aranas, you go out into the woods and crawl into a giant spider burrow. Bogvaskr could have a hunting lodge somewhere. Nereia could be a coastal cave, so on and so forth. Having them share the base knightly skill set would cut down on a ton of work versus creating 11 unique skill sets. It would still be a lot of work, but I think it could be very cool and worth doing over time.[/quote]

That's what's up. I do see it being a kind of individualized thing. A PC comes in and expresses interest to a GM for a certain immortal paladin... some RP verbs are added while the paladin gains ranks in required skills, then eventually really cool stuff is added. It kinda opens it up to even non-evil (although still "lawful") characters. Lots of fun I see to this.

Return to “General Guild Discussion”