Not so random idea

Lae

Not so random idea

Post by Lae »

I love the time I spend with Sungil (tee hee) but I feel the need to throw this idea out to be torn apart.

There are cocky training warriors in Shadgard, I imagine there are the same somewhere in Mistral Lake and the Outpost. As our player base grows I'm sure that the people beating up on the cocky warriors of the world will increase. Now that's not always a bad thing. While I wouldn't really recommend friendly conversation in combat, it technically can be done.

I was wondering about the possibility of having training rooms within each guild. The difference between the training rooms at the guilds would basically depend on what type of guild you are affiliated with. I don't know if it's different elsewhere but when you train in Shadgard you can't hide and ambush. I'm not sure how ambush and stealth training work but if I were a new Udemi or Utasa, Thief or Assassin that I would love to have a place where I could practice ambushing.

The training dummies also only work to a certain level, by the time you learn something it's understood that you should be able to go out into the world somewhere and practice that against a creature your level. That isn't always the case. Some skills are a lot harder to practice at than others. Right now monks pay in recognition points to train a certain skill with our trainers. What if the training dummy rooms in the guilds worked like that. You decide you're going to practice at brawling. You ask Dimmes about it and it costs you 24 recognition points to learn it. Then you head to the training room where it would cost double that to practice at it. You can gain past the original 50 ranks but set up a timer so that you would have to go into the wild to practice as well. Only so many ranks per day with the guild trainers.

It would cut down people at the training dummies and give people yet another reason to attempt to earn recognition points. Once there are items/weapons/armor/books in each guild it would give us a choice. Do we spend points to learn and train or do we spend them on the items in the guild.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

There's a tower in the Tse Gaiyan chapterhouse where Udemi (and Utasa) members can play cat-and-mouse with a young sniper. But I felt bad firing REAL arrows at them when they only fire practice arrows, so I stopped. =/
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

My initial impression is that this would sort of encourage people to cloister themselves away. I already hate training dummies (hence the training warrior) and things that end up being another reason people don't get out into the wild world. I even want to take out the various ambush/perception training areas and instead put in more real hunting areas where the critters use stealth.

I'll think more on it, but right now I'm not looking favorably on the idea.
The lore compels me!
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

Hm... I've been training incorrectly, then.

Hey, here's an idea. What if we could ask certain trainers where a good place to raise a skill would be given our current level? The answer might even be specific to the trainer. For example, let's say I have 5 in... some combat skill. Relyna might suggest I go to the ourskirts of Tarueka, while Dimmes would tell me to go to the graveyard.
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

[quote=Rias]put in more real hunting areas where the critters use stealth.[/quote] O.O Plz add a reason to train perception other than finding Jasper!
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Lae

Post by Lae »

[quote=Nootau][quote=Rias]put in more real hunting areas where the critters use stealth.[/quote] O.O Plz add a reason to train perception other than finding Jasper![/quote]

I never have trouble finding Jaster..

>.>
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

If you don't find perception useful, don't train it. It comes in handy in quite a few situations, though.
The lore compels me!
Lae

Post by Lae »

That reminds me of a question I had. If we're searching in a room and find something hidden there, is that practicing perception or no?

Return to “General Guild Discussion”