holidays?

Discussion of the cultural side of Arad.
ydia

holidays?

Post by ydia »

I know there is a clok version of Halloween, but what other holidays are celebrated in clok?
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
ydia

Re: holidays?

Post by ydia »

Not sure why no one has answered this yet. Moving it up!
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

There's not really much in documented lore about the various holidays in CLOK. I'd say yes, there likely are some, traditions could vary from race and location as well. But, none of it is really documented and I can't think of any specific things we've ever celebrated off the top of my head in the past since I've been a GM other than the whole Octum dealio.

I'd have to pick Rias' brain a bit and see if there's anything else that would really be a prominent seasonal/holiday tradition in Arad.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
ydia

Post by ydia »

Maybe players should start their own holidays then!
Like Ydia passing out winter presents. lol It was a last minute rp idea that I had and went with. It seems to be enjoyed.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

River usually has an annual Winter Solstice get-together for the player characters. A few other players have started other initiatives recently. Tangela put together an Autumn Equinox thing, and Octavia has scheduled numerous functions, though not all necessarily based around holidays.

You might want to check out the "Player Organized Events" section of the BBS for some ideas, if you're looking into starting your own or joining someone else's.

I didn't really mention these in my initial reply since I'm more thinking of lore-based well established traditions with detailed write-ups that could be considered general knowledge and widely practices by both players and NPCs alike. Player organized events are super cool though!
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

I invite you to enjoy an article on Winter Solstice! It's not complete, but I think it has some good info in there to at least springboard people for some player-organized holiday observances, and explain why there's usually a Winter Solstice celebration of some kind every year in-game.
The lore compels me!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Also, I'm moving this to the "World" category.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Culture”