Giganti Ondjord

Discussion of the cultural side of Arad.
Dorn

Giganti Ondjord

Post by Dorn »

Any chance of getting the lore for these added to the Giganti culture documents? Very cool, and has given me something to think about. >.< But, the little I've seen from IG... (Sorry Maric)...

Maric (face concealed, wearing a rune-etched rocky ondjord costume)

Maric says, his voice muffled by a costume, "So you wish to know the story of the greatest monster ever born of giganti,."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "So it is known that those who live their lives well, and please the father in the mountain go deep into the earth when they lie for the final time."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "There in the place he has made for us, we fight, and craft, and feast and do all that makes life joyful."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "There to wait on the day he makes for us the perfect bodies that will last forever deathless and eternal."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "But not all those who die are favored by the father. some are made to stay in the ground, their soul merging back into the earth we were made from, and as such to nurish the life to come after."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "And for most of those that is it, that is the end, a quiet blending with all life and a end to everything."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "But some are not content to stop being, to rejoin the earth. for some the rage at the hand delt, or the wickedness they had in life is too great."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "They their hate is so great that rather than becoming part of the earth again, they take the stone onto themselves."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "As the father carved the Giganti from stone at the beginning, they make for themselves a new body from the stones that were to be their resting place for all time."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "They rise from the earth, made of the earth,."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "Given life again, even a pitiful half life they walk, they walk the world lashing out at those for whom life is still natural, for those for whom the father still has faith and favor."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "Their bodies made of stone, their souls possessing the power of pure hate even the bravest and strongest of warriors fall in front of them."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "They crack the hammers that strike their skin, blunt the swords, and so they walk, hungering for life, and hating life in turn."

Maric whispers, his voice muffled by a costume, "That is the thing the Giganti fear. that is why I dress as one tonight."
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Giganti Ondjord

Post by Rias »

Would it be tacky to just copy/paste that into the wiki? Maric pretty much got it, and it's indeed official lore, and part of the general Giganti beliefs. I guess what I would add is that these things are more stuff of legend, and seem to be exceptionally rare. In other words, there aren't just a bunch of ondjord rampaging across Sirak Drauth. It's more something that your cousin's uncle's grandfather once saw out on the peaks one late night and barely survived and that's the story of how he lost his leg.

Anyway, yeah, I'd love to flesh out a bunch of the cultural documentation. I've been on a Nuum kick lately, but I really do need to get that Faewyr article up, even if it's just a super basic one. Maybe I'll do that today.

Oh, and the Viali one. The current Viali article is terrible.

But yeah! I thought ondjord were pretty cool. I always like to release new tidbits of lore at my merchants via the info you get when ordering certain items. Glad other people are enjoying this one!
The lore compels me!
preiman
CLOK Patron

Re: Giganti Ondjord

Post by preiman »

If you like what i said, feel free
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.

Return to “Culture”