Character playstile explanation and feedback.

A place to give positive feedback and compliments to your fellow roleplayers! Logs welcome!
Ninetales16

Character playstile explanation and feedback.

Post by Ninetales16 »

Hello, everyone.
I've recently made an attempt to tackle a idea I had in mind with a newly created character, and I want to explain some of the things here before I'm going to get her in more character development.
First things first, I am quite new to roleplaying and am always trying to learn helpful tips and hints to make every character's life much easier. English isn't my main language either, so I probably didn't relay the exact message i wanted to at all times, but i am working on all of this. I want to say thatI appreciate any kind of feedback and constructive criticism, be it blunt or subbtle, in hopes that it will help me get better at roleplaying.
The character I'm going to speak about is Nepthys, and i'm sure that some people have allready interacted with her ic, and that everyone saw she can be rather wild when it comes to interacting with others. and I'll adress this side first, because it is very important and it had me think a lot about how I should phrase it.
Even if I am roleplaying a wild character who flirts more than usual, my intentions are not to insult or offend anyone more so oocli than icli. I understand that not everyone can be confortable with this kind of behaviour, this is why I am trying to always flesh out the bad chunks and leave the polished ones. but for this I need feedback that i'll gladly accept, like I said earlier. I also don't want to cross any personal lines with anyone, because I understand that everyone's different and not everyone's gonna accept this side of her, so i kindly, kindly suggest you to give me a tell ooc if anything i do ic is going too far for you and I will stop without further questions or insistence.
I am currently trying to flesh out not only the flirtatious part of her, but also how she reacts in general, and how is she as a person. this character is a work inprogress i'm always working at, so i'd really like if you'll help me and point me in the right dirrections if you feel i'm going with her on the wrong path.
I want everyone to have fun while I'm playing her, not only me. otherwise, I would just destroy the gaming experience of others, a thing I would not like at all.
Thank you very much for reading through all of this, and I can't wait to hear your opinions and feedback.
We'll give you a key to open all of the gates
We'll show you a sea of starlight to drown all your cares
Mirror houses, the sweetest kisses and lights
A Debussy dialogue between the wind and the roaring sea

We are the
Edema Ruh
We know the songs the sirens sang
See us dream every tale true
The verse we leave with you will take you home
Daiden

Re: Character playstile explanation and feedback.

Post by Daiden »

I have only interacted with your character a tiny handful of times and have appreciated the brief scenes. You weren't flirtatious to my character. You were polite and generally seemed to try and strike up general conversation.

Pointedly: I liked the RP. It wasn't overbearing or underwhelming at all! Also, no one speaks English well, so it's a fun game we all get to play throughout our lives!
Oasis

Re: Character playstile explanation and feedback.

Post by Oasis »

Contrasting and different personalities on clok is very awesome. It makes the world to come alive. Just make sure to not do something in extreme excess. Do keep this in mind that the players of the characters are living in 2021 and there are lots of values to be respected. Otherwise, all is fun and pretty sure your character is liked by many.

Return to “Roleplaying Feedback and Shout-Outs”