Things you're looking for

A place to give positive feedback and compliments to your fellow roleplayers! Logs welcome!
Hayl

Things you're looking for

Post by Hayl »

Hello, as most of you know by now I am a new event GM. I’d like to take this opportunity to let you know that I’ve a merchant and a small non-combat oriented event in the works, so stay tuned and keep an ear out. The merchant won’t have any alerts on the boards, but if everything goes well, then they’ll be about again in case you missed them. I’ll post the time and date of the event on the boards for you guys, so we can get as many participants as possible.
I also want to take this time to ask you, the players, what events you’d like to see. I’m going to do my best to put as many non-combat oriented events out there as I can, and some ideas would help me get a grasp on what you are all interested in. You can either post it here, or send a PM my way. Thanks for reading!
Dorn

Re: Things you're looking for

Post by Dorn »

I'd like to see more random, even brief encounters, with the townsfolk. No sustained plot or anything, just random little things. Lost children looking for their mother, people who recognize you and know some story about you, random singers telling a story, random thief running away from guards that bump into you, all sorts of random little non-combat encounters such as that where the player has to decide how to deal with it. Could be ignoring it, could be more but nothing prolonged.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
sona

Post by sona »

I second Dorn on the more "day to day" interactions, the one offs. I would like to ask what your area is, can you do both non-established NPCs and organization NPCs? can you approve various scale building ideas/thoughts?
Hayl

Post by Hayl »

Chances are if you've tried to get something done in the past, IE. rebuild a hamlet, the ruling will be the same. The day to day minor events I've already been doing with most of the people I see online. However, it's hard to interact with you if you're sitting in a secluded area. I can do more things if more of you get into group roleplay. This way I have more options, as well as have the ability to interact with you all on a larger scale. If you plan on hosting your own event I encourage you to send us emails about what you plan on doing and when. After all, we can't award RPAs to players if we don't know what they're doing.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Dorn pretty much said what I was going to say. I love interacting with citizens, neighbors, the people we're supposed to protect, etc. Bella or another healing dealing with a serious medical matter in the infirmary, some interaction with the orphans in Shadgard, having conversations with people in the inns and taverns...so on and so on.

I have a couple of things I have in mind that I want to do myself but thankfully they won't really require any GM intervention. :)

I can't wait to see what you come up with!
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Roleplaying Feedback and Shout-Outs”