Player Character Spotlight: Maric

A place to give positive feedback and compliments to your fellow roleplayers! Logs welcome!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Player Character Spotlight: Maric

Post by Rias »

Hey, it's my first Player Character Spotlight, and the guy on stage is Maric.

Maric Canavan, for those who don't know him, is a Giganti Templar. I won't reveal a whole lot more IC detail about him, but he's being spotlighted today because of two major things that stand about him to me and the other GMs:

First: He is proactive. He plays his role and makes efforts without being prompted. He acts on and toward his guild's goals without needing an NPC to tell him it's okay or that he has their support. He puts together activities and effort attempts and often communicates his plans via a concise THINK or REQUEST without outright requiring GM attention or greenlights, and then goes for it. He's gotten a lot done by just going with a reasonable idea as far as he can on his own, and then the GMs offer what support might be needed from the GM side when that might be required.

Second: He is consistent. It should be noted that Maric does plenty of activities and organizes efforts that receive no GM notice, attention, or support whatsoever. Because of this, those efforts that would require GM action essentially fail, at least for the moment. This doesn't seem to discourage him, however, and he rolls with it, moving unflappably to his next effort.

So kudos to you, Maric! You, and the many others that are proactive and consistent with characters and roleplay, make both GMing and playing CLOK a joy.
The lore compels me!
ydia

Re: Player Character Spotlight: Maric

Post by ydia »

woohoo Maric!
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I'd kinda like to see more spotlights. Not only is it nice for the people getting noticed, but it also gives others some things to keep in mind when playing their own characters.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
ydia

Post by ydia »

that was why I brought this post from hiding. :d I want to see this continue.
You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

The rest of us aren't good enough, wasn't that obvious? GO BACK INTO THE SHADOWS AND COWER BEFORE A TRUE ROLEPLAYER.

/this was totally a joke before someone gets upset.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Dorn wrote:The rest of us aren't good enough, wasn't that obvious? GO BACK INTO THE SHADOWS AND COWER BEFORE A TRUE ROLEPLAYER.

/this was totally a joke before someone gets upset.
Actually, I kinda totally expected none of my characters to ever be featured. I just wanna see spotlights so I can see a bit more than your average shoutout as to what makes these people so great to RP with.

I nominate Dorn!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Considering this was a Rias initiative, and he's not really as actively involved in the project anymore, these probably won't be a regular thing. Not that I don't think y'all are all awesome roleplayers and enjoy seeing your characters play, but I'm not really any good at stuff like this.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
ydia

Post by ydia »

Maybe he could do one a month? I don't know his schedule, so this may be a crazy suggestion.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I dunno, I'd be okay with one every two or three months. I don't want it to be a thing where anyone has to spotlight someone. I'd rather them be a natural thing, with characters who are especially deserving of recognition getting these instead of, well, everyone.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

The problem as i understand it isn't that Rias doesn't have the time to write these, as much as it is that he isn't around enough to see us enough to spotlight us.
Remember Rias has taken a huge step back over the last 6 months or so and we really only have him at all is because CLOK needed him.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
ydia

Post by ydia »

I really wish he could be around more, but I understand he has life to deal with. :)

Return to “Roleplaying Feedback and Shout-Outs”