Dear Clok,

A place to give positive feedback and compliments to your fellow roleplayers! Logs welcome!
Zeldryn

Dear Clok,

Post by Zeldryn »

Fair winds'n all that.

Look, I'm gonna' keep this brief, because if I don't, I'm gonna end up sitting here typing out a novel.

Coming back here has been a blast. All of you, old and new, are masters of your characters, have so much style, and personality, and enthusiasm to put forward, and it's just so great to see.

I want to give particular praise to the new characters that are floating around. I know i'm not mentioning them all when I say this, but in particular: Vighon, Sienna, and Alia are just TOP. TIER. GREAT. You guys go hard. You have effectively jumped into the deep end, and you're not just floating, you're swimming laps.

Eirlys deserves an honorable mention herself, because even though she's played here before and has other legacy characters, she's still playing that new character more than any other one, and it can't be easy to do by comparison.

As I always do, I will also give my big, extreme, loud and uproarious shouts to Chione. Her RP is ridiculously great, and her and Zeldryn are such a 1-2 punch that coming back would just feel Strange without her there. It's probably stupid to even call her out for this at this point-- everyone knows it to be true.

I know I can't mention everyone here, but I also want to give a defiant shoutout to Shailah, Tatton, Cili, Kissa, Neyah, and Caleb, as well. about a million other people, too. All of the templars I've run into IC, all of the people I've run into at all. I've had so many different scenes with so many different people. I've got to tell so many old stories, dig up so many old plot threads, stoke old rivalries, and remember old loves.

Happy to be back. Happy to be swaggering and drawling and shooting. Happy to look forward to more.

See y'all then.
You declaratively shout, "frack Corvus. Support Shadgardians."
Zeldryn nods simply, that said, folding his arms back beneath a striated fiery-orange wool poncho.
Several townsfolk cheer in response to Zeldryn's shout!
artus

Re: Dear Clok,

Post by artus »

Happy to see ol zel and all that. I know none of my names are on the list and I might not be the most outgoing especially these days when I'm half distracted ooc often, but it's good to see both old and new faces. Oh, and give hugs, of course! It's good to just be back goofier than before and just be silly around, seeing what unfolds. I have nothing much for Chaer yet anyway and should put more effort into that. Lovely little ooc business is still in my way but hey, happy to at least just be a barely talking dreamy arthead sitting there enjoying your old time reminiscent, if anything.

Also shoutout for every huggable out there, especially Alia and Sienna whom Arty is going to adopt at some point.:p And everyone else i haven't got to talk to much yet.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Ninetales16

Post by Ninetales16 »

hey,
I'm impressed my name got onto the list proper, I would generally disagree and think I ahve a loong way ahead of me till I will be swimming in deeper waters, but thank you! I'm learning to accept praise where it is given.
I want to say that I completely agree. there are a few characters out there who are masters of the guitar, meaning tha tthey literally ROCK my world all over when I see them and which I hope so so much to catch around. siennah, vighon, alia, top tier people. I can not wait to run into you and see what other crazy stuff is there to be said and done!
besides the names which have allready being spoken, in regards to old players, there are some others which I believe deserve some praise as well! echlin, sifiye, you are 100 out of 100 wonderful.
keep on being yourselves. I can not wait to see you in game!
if creativity is a juice, never let the tap you are pouring yourselves glasses from dry out!
We are the
Edema Ruh
We know the songs the sirens sang
See us dream every tale true
The verse we leave with you will take you home
Xanthe

Post by Xanthe »

Despite Chione constantly following Zeldryn around like a puppy, I've actually gotten to RP with other people as of late since she's been opening up.

Tatton, Taric, Neyah- Thank you for dealing with her mad rants that might not always make sense. It was still great fun for me to have good roleplay in conflict.

Eirlys, Echlin, Safiyah, Aegeus, Kissa - thanks for sticking around despite how difficult she can be. It can't always be easy dealing with her mood swings, but you try anyway.

Siennah- I've only Rped with you briefly, but you've left a lasting impression on my character.

Then there's been brief RP moments with Caius, Shukura and Chaer.

Vighon's made a lasting imprint on my character. If you ever get a chance, Roleplay with him. he's amazing.

This is Zeldryn's thank you thread
(Thank you Zeldryn for poking at me to come back),
but I just wanted to add to it. I have had so much fun here and I'm glad to be part of this community.
You say, "There's got to be a joke in this."
Zeldryn

Post by Zeldryn »

I have also been informed that I forgot to mention Echlin, and, look y'all.

ECHLIN IS QUEEN. NEW ECHLIN IS FANTASTIC. BOW TO HER. KISS HER SHOES. DO IT.
Zeldryn nods simply, that said, folding his arms back beneath a striated fiery-orange wool poncho.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I can't think of much to add to all of this personally. In my books if you interact with people you're a fantastic roleplayer. The bar is pretty low in my book. It can take a lot of effort to even get that much out. I applaud anyone who takes that first step, or goes beyond.
esthy

Post by esthy »

Every single person mentioned here has been doing so, so great. Seeing how a lot of the old characters have changed has been just as fun for me as getting to know the new ones.

I also want to mention Subutai -- they might not be playing as much lately, but I love that character. And good old Zoe. :)

Please, all of you, keep being amazing.
Ninetales16

Post by Ninetales16 »

oh my god
totally agree with you! tsubutai is amazing. as well as zoe, based on the little amount I have got to interact with her again. I do wish to give props to awesome alfio, as well!
We are the
Edema Ruh
Smoothcoffee

Post by Smoothcoffee »

This was a surprise find, because I don't check the BBS often.
Everyone both my characters has interacted with has been a blast. I appreciate everyone who embraces both Sofi and her newfound outlook on life and Eirlys, who feels like she is kicking and screaming often, but you know she'll always show up, whiskey in hand. Zeldryn, you have been phenomenal, but that's not surprising. Both in the touching rp with my templar and Eiry, you switch and accomodate both of them in your time, and I appreciate that. Chione, the same goes for you. It is so very fun getting to know you more, and the fun story and song. Echlin, Aegeus, Caius, Alia, Sienna, Tatton, Alfio, Saeed, Kissa, Shailah, (she's just so wonderful), Zoe, (who drives Eiry wild and also is a woman after her own heart), Vighon, (but shh because he'll get a big head), I am eternally grateful for your guys' ability to roleplay your butts off and come to enjoy the game that really helped me through a lot. Welcome, welcome back, and buckle up because this ride is WILD.
Brandt

Post by Brandt »

I second everything that has been said here. Coming back has been an absolute joy, and it couldn't have happened without y'all.
Zeldryn, firstly, thank you for making this post! And thank you for the wonderful, wonderful rp. The same goes for chyone (I hope I spelled it right) i've always wanted to get to know her better and it's amazing that I have the chance! Also to Safiyah, who has bravely put up with me for the last... 4 years? And has provided awesome rp on top of that. Also, man there's so many. Echlin, Alia, Siennah, Subutai and soo many others I don't recall at the moment. It's amazing to see the new characters grow (it's impressive, really, y'all are doing amazing!) and also to see all the old faces.
An extra thank you to everyone for all the rp i've been involved in. With as little time as I have rn, well. It've never felt left out, or anything like that. And man, i've been learning! So much to learn from all of you. Again, the rp has been masterful. And I hope to get to know some of the other new folks mentioned here better, too, one day.
Anyway, keep being amazing, and keep having fun. Thank you!
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I really don't have the words to say how good it's felt coming back to CLOK after all this time, and seeing all the old and new faces, in my opinion, you all rock. I want to do fun things with all of you, so much that I am mostly playing my friendlier characters, so as to get to know you all better.
Once I know you all though, then the gloves are off. I'm joking, probably.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Slightbeam

Post by Slightbeam »

Thanks for shouting out Tatton. He doesn't get a lot of screen time (in fact he and Z have only had two interactions so far) so I'm happy people are enjoying their interactions with him.

If you've ever sent an emote to me, this is a shoutout for you. Yes, YOU. You on the chair right there. Straighten your back by the way, fix your posture. Then give yourself a pat on the back. Well done.
Ka-clink! And a bear trap goes off. You fall into a hole and find seventeen cheese steaks.
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

I am very late to this party, but I can't thank all of you enough for giving Siennah some shout outs. I was incredibly intimidated by all you legacies at the start. Like, run-away-and-hide-in-whatever-place-didn't-have-people level intimidated.

Turns out you're not all as scary to break into RP with as I initially thought. LOL

Alia, you've been mine and Siennah's lifeline, and I'm just so thrilled at how our characters' friendship has grown so organically right from the very start. You've seen Si at her highs and her most epic lows, and you still keep saying yes to more RP! Insane, girl! At the end of the day, you're always there, and you made a lonely beginning far, far less lonely. There's never a dull moment, from drama and tears to outrageous bog-related ridiculousness and all the laughter one could ask for. Clok wouldn't be the same without you.

Zeldryn, you stood out right from the start. On my first day roleplaying on Clok, Si was stomping shot glasses and I fully expected to be sneered at by every character there. You just rolled with it and found something unexpected to say about the whole situation, which was such an amazingly welcome response. We haven't roleplayed much, but I feel like each scene is meaningful. Bison broke the RP shell wide open, and I thank you for that, as I'm not sure I'd have found a way to shatter it myself. You set a bridge across the gap I was feeling between myself as a newbie and legacy characters, and that chasm's never opened again. You dragged me from my reticence without it feeling like I was being dragged at all. I can't wait to see what unfolds moving forward.

Tatton, you're just fantastic. Your approach is unique and knows how to effect a character in unexpected and authentic ways I've not witnessed before. Our brief interactions have summoned forth feelings that span a wide arc. It's all been there at one point or another, and you should be so proud of the ability to call forth such a wide array of emotions from characters with your RP.

Eirlys, you are just so fun. There's much my character's aware that she just doesn't know, but she's happy to follow yours over cliffs and up buildings and thrilled to be on the adventure of making a new friend. Your approach is so authentic. You always remain true to your character's personality, and that consistency is so inspirational.

Artus! Siennah hasn't had tons of interaction with Artus, but what RP we've had has been quite interesting. Serious, goofy, combat-related, oblivious and more. It's been quite a blast, and you always play your character with unfailing faithfulness to his personality. Steadfast, consistent, goofy. I can always count on a smile when Artus is around.

Chione, we've not interacted too terribly much, but you, too, have left a lasting impression. There's a burgeoning friendship there, and I love how every single interaction also feeling meaningful. Even when RP is brief, I walk away with a sense that every emote meant something, and that's such a fantastic feeling.

Sophie, Shukura, Aegeus, my druid acquaintence whose name I am utterly at a loss for because I fail, and every other person my half awake brain is forgetting to mention because I've forgotten every single name, you are all threads in a gorgeous tapestry woven with RP, and constantly growing into something ever-shifting and always awesome.

Thanks so much for accepting this newbie into the weave.
Ninetales16

Post by Ninetales16 »

I want to revive this back by saying just a few impressions of mine from recent weeks
there are still a few newbie characters I wish so much to meet and help see the beauty of this world. I can not wait to see you!
v, you have been a wondrous character which slowly unfurls the folds of his personality to mine in a very unusual way
zeldryn, my chocolate donuts are still uneaten, and now probably cold, somewhere. this was awesome.
chione. I am glad to have discovered more of you. thank you for giving a hand, literally.
Echlin, you are making my character confused, and glad, at the same time. and everyone else who I have not met yet, or still have to see more of. I can not wait to meet you in game!
We are the
Edema Ruh
Zeldryn

Post by Zeldryn »

I've got a few more things to say, myself.

Dango: First of all, every time I see your name-- I immediately think of Dale Gribble screaming, "WINGO". I have no idea why. Anyway.
Your characters are FANTASTIC. They have so much CHARACTER. You blew my mind the other day. It was so great. It was so fun. I hope we can keep bumping against each other like that moving forward. You're one of my favorites around here, OOC and IC. It kills me that I can't spend more time with your guys.

Gorth: The same goes for you, my dude. Your characters have so much character, and they're so different. They're fun. You always keep me on my toes RP wise. Don't matter what character I'm playing, it would seem. I hope you've been enjoying meeting Z as much as I've been enjoying playing him with your people. And, of course, you know I love ya' OOC, ya' bastard. I'm glad to see you around here.

Spidercat: I know you know what character I've bumped heads with the most in regard to your folks-- but I love all of your characters, not just that one. But that one in particular has been just a delight lately. The tension's heavy. We could cut it with a spoon. We'll eventually hit the point where someone jumps. And when we do, it'll be a great time. But until then, i'm enjoying the slow burn to a severe capacity. I hope we can keep finding excuses to RP despite our characters' obvious differences. And, to a noteworthy level- our VCs have been great.

Chariot: I know Zeldryn's been kind of hard on your characters IC lately, and I'm sorry about that, buddy. I love ya' OOC though, know that very much. Even though Zeldryn's been a meanie,it's been a delightful experience to RP. I love tension, I love conflict, and I love having a reason to stoke the fires. I hope you've been having as much fun with it as I have, and know full well that it doesn't at all reflect the way I feel about ya' OOC. You're great.

DORN: Bruh I can't wait to RP with you more. I always enjoy it. We literally bumped into each other for the length of a single emote from the both of us and it made my DAY. It's going to be an interesting ride after the way things ended off with them a few years back. Eager to see where the rubber meets the road on this one. Even if I don't see that much of you-- always happy to see you. Hope life treats you well.

EVERYONE ELSE: Keep going, keep striving, keep RPing hard. I love to see it. I'll keep doing the same.
artus

Post by artus »

It's been great getting back to the good ol town, seeing plots unfold and anticipating people who failed to marry three years ago marry already, with an occasional raging over who said Arty bathed in bad milk to boot. It's as fun to chase around gossips and cookies as it is to find out what Mensah is up to.

Special shoutout to Kissa for being the same complex character you always are and made me realize bits of lore stuff I migt have forgotten about Nuum. It ended up being very useful.

And to everyone, By all means, if reasons call, please feel free to be hard on me ic. I don't mind. They need a bit of extra slap to shape anyway. Also please note that anything I do is never meant to be taken literally as fixed given options or scenarios, but simply something that gives anyone full reign to assume, act on or ignore at will. It's something of a struggle keeping up with two chars with opposite personalities when I'm more of an Arty ooc than Chaer. I came from a writing background, not a roleplaying, so there might be things I've let slip, things that might be easy to misinterpret, things that might mean differently from how they're portrayed, or things that might not even supposed to be there, which I admittedly may not realize is the case. I never desire rp control, intentional or not. Should there be any you think perhaps stand out, feel free to fire a gentle nudge my way. I'm open to any constructive discussions.

Love you all.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
Zeldryn

Re: Dear Clok Staff,

Post by Zeldryn »

This thread is full of wonderful words for so many people.

Today, those words are for the staff of Clok.

Rias, Noctere, Shewel, Sideri, you guys.. You guys kick so much ass.

There has been a lot bumping around in the last week or two specifically that is just so, so cool.

NPCs being out and about and telling their own stories, large and small. Ambient world events like city attacks that really stress the heavy atmosphere of the quarantine. IC Builders actively reshaping the structures and common fixtures of the towns that we live in. Crowds applauding symbols of guilds, and reacting to empassioned speeches and declarations by players of all colors and backgrounds. People getting names. Deaths, and emotions, and changes all around.

And these are just the things that i've observed, personally.

This also says nothing to all of the tremendous effort put forward to correct what was likely a terribly timed, horrifyingly nightmarish, very headache inducing item corruption issue during a backup that.. Really didn't happen that long ago. Usually, when stuff like this happens in games-- it's felt, and felt hard, for a long, long time, in a lot of weird ways. But this doesn't seem to be the case here to the same extent it is when this stuff happens elsewhere, a few uncontrollable variables likely excluded.

This also says nothing to the incredible amount of work constantly happening in the background to update the servers and caches, roll out new features as promised, reintegrate previous features into the new codebase, plan for the future, micromanage existing plotlines, and actively *code* to make sure all of this stuff can happen in the way that is visualized and spoken on.

Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you thank you. We've all been having so much fun. This is a real treat y'all have given us, and continue to give us. I for one am just thrilled to see it, and thrilled to be back. I keep saying it. I'll keep saying it as long as you all continue to make me feel this way. But Clok feels great. Clok has a bright future. I'm happy to be here to experience it again with all of you.

Thank you, Rias. Thank you, Noctere. Thank you, Shewel. Thank you, Sideri. Thank you to all of the GMs who contributed to this beautiful passion project in the past, as well. And all that will contribute someday in the future. This game wouldn't be what it is without all of your efforts.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I agree very much with the sentiment. I hope my roleplay and everything else that comes with it can reflect even a fraction of the gratitude I have for the actors and actresses and world we play in.

I wish I had more words to share. Before I found out about CLOK's reawakening, I had thought about writing a fair well to the community and world on the COGG BBS. I wanted everyone to know how much the past decade meant to me. Procrastination and disbelief got the better of me though. I know I'm a better person for all of it. So yes, thank you for everything.
artus

Post by artus »

I've been trying to find words for this for a long time, something that doesn't end up in a cliche thanks that I usually give when lost lands has been my home since 2015. I never feel like I belong anywhere ever since you amazing lot made this place awesome and captured me here, and only see it evolving through ups and downs. Prism always, always makes it easier for me to find inspiration for words. Thank you man, really. So there I go:

I've mentioned something about cogg being suspended to my own therapist when new clok wasn't up yet. I said to him it did feel like moving to a new, unknown house, one I may or may not have liked. Nott more than two weeks later, the old house reopened and I can't help but shed happy tears at the sense of belonging once again. It's even more awesome to see Rias' enthusiasm for the project, the fire I sadly missed at the end of old clok due to joining far too late. I celebrated when I saw old gms stepping back on staff again, none of whom I've had negative experience with. You have no idea how much this home, this community and especially Rias helped me through stuff. Sure there were ups and downs just like how lost lands is supposed to be, but that's the charm of it. I grow with lost lands. I grow with you all.

And truth be told, I could have died long, long time ago without you guys here. That's how awesome you are.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I hope I'm okay contributing to this thread from the other side of the curtain. Man, it has been so enjoyable doing stuff with NPCs and events, thanks to how the player characters receive and interact with them. I love my Council members Mathau, Graves, and Swiftriver (sorry to the rest of the Council who don't get much (if any) screen time) because it's fun to try and pick the right one (or occasionally the wrong one!) for a situation and see how you all make it interesting with your interactions. I love when players end up giving so much attention and interaction to an unnamed NPC that it only feels right to assign them a unique name and description and extended background concept so they can join the Named-NPC cast.

What's also been really exciting is to start breaking out some of the old familiar-but-background names that I don't think ever got much use beyond standing at a post as a trainer. Jashon has been a busy bee and gotten a surprising amount of attention from PCs, it was exciting to get Greer out of his office for once, Flannigan's presence outside his post and even occasionally around Shadgard is reminding people that Rook Parlour does indeed have a public face and isn't a completely hidden secret society, and when Olivia was out involved in something the other day I was thinking that it might have been the first time she was actually GM-controlled and doing something other than standing at her post since her introduction way back in 2011 as the first Elemancer NPC/recruiter/trainer. Sideri has jumped in with the NPC interactions and has even been introducing some new NPCs to further expand the cast, and it's been awesome to see how well-received those efforts have been.

It's just been really fun to use these NPCs as our way of playing the game with you all, and that's because you all make it so enjoyable to do. There's been a great balance of giving attention to NPCs when they're clearly active and up to something, but also not overwhelming them or acting like it's a big surprise to see them out doing stuff other than just standing at their posts or behind the scenes. Lore-wise these NPCs do a lot more than just stand in one spot waiting to for PCs to use the ASK command on them, and it feels really good to see that acknowledged by the actions and comments of PCs, instead of being treated like dumb robots and lesser life forms.

Thank you all for making it such a good time playing from the GM side of things; it really goes a massive way toward keeping things enjoyable as a GM, and keeping the motivation and inspiration batteries charged. In the end, we're here to have a good time just like the rest of you!
The lore compels me!
Xanthe

Post by Xanthe »

It's been amazing, both GM wise and player wise, to see all of the interactions and changes happening. To be a part of a fluid world where your actions can change things to a lesser or greater degree. My character is working on a feeling of not being heard, and so I thought I'd break my usual silence to speak up too.

All of the movement from NPCS and actions and changes? Each one has been a welcome surprise that spells out 'hope' to my character. That people are willing to work together even in a hostile world where threats abound. And so she's been trying to do her part to help others, just as others help her.

Yes, life is still a struggle, but even tiny things help make it so a weary character wants to continue- to push for something better, even when odds are against it.

So I wanted to thank the GM team for their non-stop efforts. Yes, it's still early, but there's so many things to dabble in, so many potential storylines to be part of. And new things to discover along the way. What you do matters, and has an impact even outside the game itself. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for breathing new life into this game that I adore,

And thank you to the players who I get to interact with.
You say, "There's got to be a joke in this."

Return to “Roleplaying Feedback and Shout-Outs”