Wavebending Procs

Utasa Agent 0102

Wavebending Procs

Post by Utasa Agent 0102 »

I was noticing how when the wizards or sorcerers would channel a magic type they would also occasionally proc that magic type. Would it be possible to have wavebending proc on a ranged or melee weapon? Perhaps have a chance to mesmerize them? I realize that while channeling wavebending you get a slightly better chance to dodge but I yet to find much use for the CAST feature of wavebending. Maybe have it proc with a ranged weapon too or would that be too much?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The design intent for the wavebending "procs" was for them to be defensive rather than offensive. If Rithiel ever comes back (the Tse Gaiyan guru), maybe you can talk her into (so that she can try to talk me into) some abilities that would offer some offensive effects to wavebending as well.
The lore compels me!
Utasa Agent 0102

Post by Utasa Agent 0102 »

I finally figured out what the cast on wavebending is used for. It's for temporarily blinding a monster so you can hide again. Very useful indeed. I have been experimenting with different ways to attack in this game and I think I figured out a method to have some success. My only request as this point, as I have somewhat discussed with you in game, is PLEASE buff firearms a little. I don't expect a huge buff but just enough so I can have a little more "bang" for my buck.

Firearms are very costly to work with and the benefits *besides looking cool* are few. If you would just boost the min and max damage by 10 points I think that would be enough to make them feel more balanced with the other weapons I have seen in this game.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The flashbang wavebending effect is also useful for crowd control. If another critter comes in, hit it with a flashbang to mesmerize it. It'll stand around doing nothing until the effects wear off, or it's shaken from its stupor by an attack/etc. While it's drooling, finish off the first critter you were working on.

See my thoughts on firearms in this thread.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”