Tiny suggestion about tells

esthy

Tiny suggestion about tells

Post by esthy »

Hi,

I just remembered that towards the end of Legacy Clock, we had to type out someone's entire account name to send them a tell. I liked this because there was less chance of accidentally sending a tell to the wrong person. Could I request that it be changed again so that we'd need to enter the entire account or character name?
Rias
DEV

Re: Tiny suggestion about tells

Post by Rias »

Huh, I thought it did already. I do agree it's better to require the full name in order to prevent mix-ups, like having frequent mistells among Bell, Belle, Bella, and Belladana.

Any particularly strong and convincing arguments against requiring the entire name for tells? Sure, it can be slightly less convenient, but I think it's worth the peace of mind that you won't end up sending a tell to someone you had no intention of sending it to, considering the more private nature of tells and tendency for people to thus potentially use it for more sensitive information.
The lore compels me!
artus

Post by artus »

I mistelled too many times to argue, lol. It could sure be useful to allow full account or char name only in tells instead of name abriviation, or else every bell in the game might get mistells from everyone.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: The TELL command now requires the target's full account or character name to be provided, no longer working on partial matches.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”