Guild tasks to kill X and weather ned looking at.

celtichawk

Guild tasks to kill X and weather ned looking at.

Post by celtichawk »

So I've just run into this on my new Udemi character and Glare confirmed it in tells, and said I should post here. If it's the wrong board, fel free to move it.

Can the guild tasks be looked into and fixed to not give a task that is impossible due to spawn rates? I'll illustrate with my situation.

Start a Udemi. Get into the guild. Take staves and melee lesons to defend myself from attacks on the road. That leads the sytem to give me the following task twice.

Go the Taruka environs and take out X infested.

The problem? Nothing spawns at all due to it being cold. So my only option is to abandon the task and get penalized guild points through no fault of my own. I had 150 from doing herb tasks, and am down to 40 now, due to having take and remove combat tasks that are not doable, and being given combat tasks more than herb foraging tasks. So can the task distribution be looked at to avoid giving tasks to players that canot be done due to mob behavior, or the mob behavior be tweaked?
Jaster

Re: Guild tasks to kill X and weather ned looking at.

Post by Jaster »

Did you check inside the buildings in Tarueka Town or at the farm? If I recall, the infested will gather indoors there during cold weather, but you'll probably need to bring friends.

Edit: Nvm, I see they gave you task for the ENVIRONS, so you probably wouldn't get credit.
celtichawk

Post by celtichawk »

It's not that realy. It's more being given tasks where nothing spawns is my issue with it. Okay, if it wasn't the middle of winter in game, I'd be okay with it. But as of right now, it's a perfect storm (pun not intended) of starting a new char, and being given combat tasks when it is too cold and losing progression points, then being given the same task again after waiting and needing to abandon it, losing more progression points.

Now, I've known via chat and paying attention to ESP that the infested don't spawn when it's too cold. But newer players than me may not, it's easy to miss things in the clutter of ESP mesages/combat/moving around, double so if you're in an area like Ebonpass with NPCs constantly coming and going, or people coming and going as well.
Caleb

Post by Caleb »

I understand this might not be ideal, but I think the infested will spawn if it is "chilly," in the room description. Might check during a "warmer" part of the day.
"All I have are my codpiece, and my word...and I don't break them for no one."

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”