Needed: One more ESP Rescue Tinge

Lemuel

Needed: One more ESP Rescue Tinge

Post by Lemuel »

Recently, it became apparent that a fifth ESP Rescue tinge is needed.

The situation was, one of my characters was slain and tolled for help. Another player's character responded with the 'looking' tinge.

Over the next several minutes, two things happened: That other character realized my character had fallen in a location too dangerous for her to recover me from, AND a tougher character, in this case Zeldryn, logged in and was asked by that other character IC to go in and retrieve me.

Zeldryn wasn't entirely sure where my corpse was, so in hopes I would toll again, he gave out the ESP 'looking' tinge a few times. Me, knowing people don't like toll spam, thinking Zel knew where to find me, didn't look at the bell any more. It hindered Zel's search for my character's remains. Didn't find this out until after soul beacon.

So my request is to have an ESPRESCUE command that has the result of something like:

* Your sense of awareness is briefly tinged with the color Sapphire. The sense of awareness pulses with the feeling of needing more information. *

Not sure what adjective to suggest for it, perhaps ESPRESCUE Curious? ESPRESCUE Inquisitive? ESPRESCUE Quizzical?

Please and thank you.
Synzia95

Re: Needed: One more ESP Rescue Tinge

Post by Synzia95 »

It would be pretty OOC so I would understand if they didn't want to use it but you can use chat when you're a ghost
Smoothcoffee

Post by Smoothcoffee »

I'm thinking esp rescue info would make it tingue with the color *insert color*, indicating that it needs more info. That would mean that, "hey my dude, pulse again because I done lost you."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

That's kinda what this one is for:

Code: Select all

elif line_parts[2].title() == 'Failed':
                            addmsg = " The sense of awareness pulses with the feeling of failing to find what you were searching for."
                            youmsg = " You pulse the intent that you have failed to find what you were looking for."
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Synzia95 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:12 am but you can use chat when you're a ghost
(Presumably to ask for more information)

This is a major no-no and will result in being chatbanned if caught.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Zeldryn

Post by Zeldryn »

I wanted to amplify here actually, because the situation that occurred wouldn’t have been one that could’ve been easily rectified, I think.

So, the story is told is actually pretty correct, except for one specific detail. I repeatedly pulsed looking now and then because it was taking a prolonged period for me to find you, so I kind of wanted to let you know that hey man, I’m still looking, don’t worry, without being OOC and just saying so in chat. It’s usually not my thing to do so when possible.

The actual difficulty was that your cords have been retrieved, moved, and with somewhere else in the nearby general locale. It was a particularly confusing locale, at that, that was particularly tricky to navigate. So even if you were to ring the bell again, the location that would have been displayed wasn’t the one where your corpse actually was. I kind of had to go snooping around for it, which wasn’t a problem for me personally.

I just wanted to sprinkle in a few more details here. That’s all.. I hope that helps!
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Jirato wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 am That's kinda what this one is for:

Code: Select all

elif line_parts[2].title() == 'Failed':
                            addmsg = " The sense of awareness pulses with the feeling of failing to find what you were searching for."
                            youmsg = " You pulse the intent that you have failed to find what you were looking for."
Nobody uses this message to mean that, Jirato. They use this message to mean, I give up, or, you're in a place no one online is going into (eg. Obsidian Crags), so go for NPC recovery.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”