Necks are too tough

Kent

Necks are too tough

Post by Kent »

Even though I've been playing for years, I am just learning some things about the game. For example, today I hit a brigand in the neck for 99 damage and he lived. I take it necks take as much as 100 damage.

It doesn't seem right that a neck can withstand the same injury that a chest can, doesn't make sense to me. Could we consider lowering this to 80 or 85 hit points?

Cheers, KG
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
gralkik

Re: Necks are too tough

Post by gralkik »

I've been in several accidents IRL, and there are times I -should have- broke my neck. I didn't. Necks are very resilient. Very strong, and can take a significant amount of abuse. By all rights, Kent, I should be dead right now with the number of neck Injuries I've sustained or worse. Is it fitting that 100 points of damage are allocated to the neck for damage? Yes, yes, it should.
Kent

Post by Kent »

You got one tough neck, playa.

But is that a typical outcome for a serious neck injury, or were you unusually blessed, like those rare people you hear about walking away from high-speed car accidents?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I would argue that the chest should be more vulnerable, considering it houses your vital organs. This is the whole reason breast plates existed (and modern day ballistic armor, which in its most basic iterations only covers the area from the diaphragm/bottom of the ribcage to the bottom of the collar bone).

Here's an interesting read I stumbled upon some months back regarding this very subject: https://hemamisfits.com/2020/04/02/very ... n-ravaton/

Most applicable to this conversation would be the section about a dragoon of the Beaufremont regiment receiving a sword thrust in the mouth in March of 1735, and the section on sword thrusts to the chest.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”