A better party system

Lun
CLOK Patron

A better party system

Post by Lun »

I think that the current group code is great, but with a lot of shortcomings. I'd like to see if party code got reworked so that people could create a party and invite people into it without using join. A lot of spells, such as minor haunting, nova, dwaedn roars, templar chants, all rely on the party system to share buffs. If people leave and return, they often get either negatively affected by the debuffs or get left out of good buffs. A more permanent structure would help guide these abilities a lot.

Also, it would help if there was a prompt for people wanting to join your party. People shouldn't be able to join you willy-nilly. I've watched someone try to stalk a GM possessed NPC by just joining them, to which the GM had to tell them to lay off. By protecting party rights to the leader, it would allow for a lot more free use of abilities in CvC situations as well.

It also changes the dynamic so that join can be used to switch off 'party leaders' without actually disbanding the entire party.

Example syntaxes:
Party create
party invite person
party disband
party remove person
party accept person
party join [person]

if someone leaves the room, they won't be ejected from the party. They still have to join up to follow the leader properly.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”