Return of the hyra slave drivers

Lun
CLOK Patron

Return of the hyra slave drivers

Post by Lun »

Many years ago, Stone Canyon was bustling with Hyra activity - from slave drivers and their slaves in the mines to other parts I'd not seen before. A few years ago, there came the surge of nethrim activity in Thaelsh that placed all kinds of new spectral entities in places outside of the regular skill spawn range. I think many of us thought there would be a continuation to the event, but the world has stopped still for a long time. Do you think that there will ever be an end to the current nethrim in Stone Canyon and Thaelsh and a return of Hyra activity to the surfaces of Stone Canyon?

In the interest of returning Dunwyr NPC and other natives presence to the Lands, I think it would nice to have the stone canyon mobs reassessed and a possible conclusion to the storyline.

Likewise, the Dunwyr village has been empty of its spawns for a very long time, and while rumors amongst the players keeps the forests menacing with potential, the lack of barriers to entry results in no actual impact.

That is to say, I can walk into the now empty village and wander its very cool sceneries without dying.

I don't think a return to swarms of NPCs in the town would help as it would just make people think it's a hunting grounds. I think to avoid a scenario where people are going to the Dunwyr village just to hunt the NPCs. I think it'd be very nice if there were implementation to dissuade people from trespassing on sacred lands - you could implement the same style of ranged attacks from afar that townships get, like arrows fired from afar, to discourage intrusion on the lands without having a swarm of NPCs that assault the player like the canim ruins does.
Last edited by Lun on Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sneaky

Re: Return of the hyra slave drivers

Post by Sneaky »

I'm not sure how much is general knowledge, but things happen a lot of times without a huge portion of the playerbase being aware. If you're finding that the areas aren't spawning NPCs, and there are no crowds, it is likely intentional, and something happened that you or others were unaware of, be it because of actions taken by players, or as a result of a lack of action. As far as nethrum in stone canyon goes, I haven't seen any myself? Only in Thailsh.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

The nether plants spawning in the general Stone Canyon area and the changes to the thaelsh spawnpool were a result of a largescale event, from what I know.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Oh those things. So innocent.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

Here is a fun little tidbit. *que the x-files music* According to the way we have that area set up, it should be spawning critters like every other area but for some strange reason, it doesn't... We double checked the tags and briefly looked at the code and it should be spawning like normal. But NOPE the mystery prevails...

Now of course if we did a deep code dive and plotted out exactly what is going on we would probably figure it out but what would be the fun in that. Sometimes even the GMs like to be mystified when the code seemingly becomes sentient. I like to believe that the horrors done there were so bad that the spirits of the area are preventing us from spawning anything.
It's not easy being evil...

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”