Character Names and OOC tells

Tenoji

Character Names and OOC tells

Post by Tenoji »

With the new account system that is coming, would it be possible to have IC character names linked to account names for the purposes of tells? So if I'm logged onto Grendak, and my OOC nick is Tenoji, someone can tell grendak you smell today, and have it route automatically to Tenoji?
Maina

Re: Character Names and OOC tells

Post by Maina »

I think there is an appeal to having OOC names and IC names completely divorced, particularly when there is an OOC name shared between multiple characters and people don't want their alts known. If this were to happen, I'd hope it would keep that separation maintained.
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: STOP BEING AMAZING. IT'S AMAZING.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Or make it an option to turn on name routing. Like tell coanid sends sneaky a message so long as sneaky has this option enabled. Though even with that, I can think of clever ways to figure out who's who. I over think things so, that's probably a minority problem. If it said the character's name rather than the ooc name when sending a tell, then that'd be acceptable. So You tell Coanid's player Hello! When you type tell coanid Hi, instead of saying you tell Sneaky Hi.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Tenoji

Post by Tenoji »

I considered suggesting that it only echo what you tell (E.G. tell grendak, doesn't show your message was sent to Tenoji but simply to Grendak) . But that gets complicated with replies and such.

Probably would need a toggleable option for IC name or OOC name for tells. If it's set to OOC, then no IC name routing. Best I got.
Eagalon

Post by Eagalon »

well, as i understood from the post regarding the new account system, people will have an option to either remain guest, or appear as the charnames or as their account names. so considering that, i think it would be taken care of for most part but yeah, although there is another suggestion of linking it to chat option, if you have chat on then it would return the name of however you have chosen to appear oocly, if you have chat off then it would reply with the name of your character etc...
sorry for the rambling, probably someone might be able to make some sense out of this jumbled mess lol.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”