VI friendly energy management

Nobody

VI friendly energy management

Post by Nobody »

It was mentioned on chat that it would be nice receive a warning when you are about to be completely exhausted. For fully sighted players, this is usually handled by just watching what color your energy indicator is on the prompt. VI users can at present monitor manually via the fatigue or status commands.

I would like to request the following feature: an additional option that when enabled tells you every time your fatigue rises above or drops below a fatigue threshold.
For example, as you actively perform tasks that reduce your energy, you would see in sequence:
You do not feel fatigued.
You feel slightly fatigued.
You feel winded.
You feel tired.
You feel exhausted.

And then as you rest you would see the same (in reverse order, of course), followed finally by "You feel fully rested." as normal.

Edit: it might actually be more spammy than needed to show "You do not feel fatigued." every time the threshold is passed on the way down, but I'm not sure.
Eagalon

Re: VI friendly energy management

Post by Eagalon »

Yeah, Being a VI player myself, I totally second the idea. It would be quite lovely if it could be implemented. Thanks.
Delve

Post by Delve »

As a victim of a fatal horse-leading accident, I second this.

Also would be in favor of an option to confirm voluntary actions that would outright kill you.

>Do 1,000 jumping jacks
Are you sure you want to do that? You're terrible out of shape. Please enter the command again to continue anyways
>Do 1,000 jumping jacks
You do 3 jumping jacks.
You've been defeated.
xavier

Post by xavier »

I would be content without not fatiqued and slightly. I would like the rest though. VIPmud can make triggers using colors, but I've found it to be complicated. The only other way I've found to keep track of it is not in sync with energy usage. I>E> simply having an alarm that every so often inputs fatigue command. this is also against the afk policy, if any other sort of idling script is running.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

xavier wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:07 am simply having an alarm that every so often inputs fatigue command. this is also against the afk policy, if any other sort of idling script is running.
Only if you're interacting with the game world/performing actions, if the commands are purely informative and don't result in your character performing some sort of action, such as INFO, STATUS, FATIGUE, etc, you can use them as much as you want while AFK, that's fine.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Delve

Post by Delve »

I think he was saying you couldn't run your fatigue script AND a script that checks your info or something...Because then you'd have different alternating commands that would keep you connected afk indefinitely.
xavier

Post by xavier »

indeed. I use an idle script for when I don't want to get logged out when I'm away for more than ten minutes but less than 30, but now that I think about that it doesn't make sense cause if I'm going to set an alarm to check fatigue it'd probably be fairly often and thus the ten minute idicator would never fire. I still take your point though Jirato.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Huh, I don't remember adding that to policy... Makes sense though, There was a time where several people were starving to death trying to keep the population bonus running, and there was a time when we were maxing out on CPU usage.

I'm not necessarily going out of my way to enforce it though. Do so at your own risk, however.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Personally, I feel that a notification for when you are winded and tired would be enough. The ascent from exhausted to fully rested isn't needed either honestly.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”