Craft Bandages

Maeriwyn

Craft Bandages

Post by Maeriwyn »

Something that has greatly bothered my character is the fact that bandages ultimately come from trading at cities, either directly or indirectly. And let's face it. There are tons of things we can craft in the game, but why not bandages? They are probably the single-most important item everyone needs to possess. And yet they are still a relatively cheap, mundane, manufactured product.

So for starters, lets introduce a new command: CHEW

While holding a clipping of Lifevine in your hands, CHEW it many times. Over time it softens and flattens, essentially becoming a suitable bandage substitute. It may take anywhere from 10-20 uses of this CHEW command to create a suitable bandage-like material.

Now I know what you may be thinking. If we already have bandages for sale, why bother? Well.. for the same reason we can craft our own weapons, rather than purchase them at shops, or even make them from stone? Maybe the survivalists don't want to have to rely on city shops?

Another question is balance. I understand we're just taking an herb and making something pretty useful out of it.. much like taking a stone and crafting it into an axe head or a knife. If it seems converting a lifevine into a bandage substitute is a bit too OP, it could always be slightly more difficult to use said bandage properly, and it could also, perhaps, last for slightly less time before falling off.

In any case, I'm really hoping for an alternative to healing that doesn't require collecting riln.
Maina

Re: Craft Bandages

Post by Maina »

I am 100% behind more support for survivalists and city-avoiders! Torches and poultice-cloth might benefit from this sort of treatment, too. Maybe the poultice-cloth could use a similar method to the bandages?
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: STOP BEING AMAZING. IT'S AMAZING.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”