Is it possible to not autoexamine forged items?

artus

Is it possible to not autoexamine forged items?

Post by artus »

Hello
I recently noticed the change of the new forging system. Everything seems cool so far, but what I find kind of a bit spammy is that when you're done with items you forge, you examine it immediately. The old forging system made the item and its quality show in the finishing string, which I think is better since I really wish not to examine items like that and see it's a small item. It's capable of doing blah blah blah. It's the same as when you pick it up and examine it and you can already do that if you really wanna see how it looks. And usually, one examination fills half of my output and drows the other strings that are more important. I'd be glad if this could be taken to consideration. Thank you.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Noctere
Coder

Re: Is it possible to not autoexamine forged items?

Post by Noctere »

This was added very intentionally to avoid possible exploits that existed with the previous system.
It's not easy being evil...
artus

Re: Is it possible to not autoexamine forged items

Post by artus »

May I ask what kind of exploits? I'm just curious since I don't really know much about forging besides general stuff and arrowheads and don't know how players manage to abuse something with that to the point that this has to be added.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

I cannot divulge that information as it could still present a problem with past or future systems. I have no doubt that there are those who understand what exploitable systems I am referring to but I ask that you please do not share any knowledge or speculation on it. I am sorry I cannot make it a little less verbose for you and I understand that this can be quite annoying for some however it is not spammed and only occurs once at the end of a crafting cycle and if you know how, it can also be squelched using client side means.
It's not easy being evil...
Math321

Post by Math321 »

While I personally don't have a trouble with auto-examination, it'd be nice for VI players less familiar with squelching to have an option in the options menu that turns this (or even longer descriptions, for finished weapons/armor):

Code: Select all

You have finished forging an exquisite bronze main-gauche hilt and take a closer look at your work.

This exquisite bronze hilt is sleek and smooth, the hilt gleams in the light, its entire length free of dents or nicks.
The item is branded with the name "Quintin". The "i"s are replaced with a stylized blacksmith's hammer and woodworking knife.
It is a tiny item, mainly made of bronze.
Into this:

Code: Select all

You have finished forging an exquisite bronze main-gauche hilt.
Is that possible to implement without running into the issues previously alluded to, or no?
Characters I play:
Quintin, the Artisan.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”