Blacksmithing adornment requests

Math321

Blacksmithing adornment requests

Post by Math321 »

Hello, devs! Please consider adding the following to the list of custom blacksmithing adornments. I'd rather you all focus on making the system stable, of course, so by all means, please put this on the back burner until the existing system has its bugs ironed out a little. I don't want to rush anything. Just wanted to get the discussion rolling.

1. There are already basic shapes like a square, a circle, a star, and a large ex, but would it be possible to have other shapes? Specifically a triangle, a pentagon, and a hexagon.

2. The letters of the alphabet. This'd allow people to have their first or their last initial on their gear, if they like, or they could put another letter on it to symbolize something like group affiliation or the name of the weapon. That said, I'd be fine with not having this, if there isn't a good way to stop the letters from flooding the customization menu.

3. "a sword" and "swords" and "crossed swords" are already options, as are "a flintlock", "crossed flintlocks", "a scythe", and "a shield". Could other weapon archetypes be turned into adornments as well? Hammers, axes, and daggers, specifically.

4. "a hand" and "a glowing hand" are existing options, but perhaps "a fist" or "a closed fist" could be added in that event that a brawler needs/crafts a blacksmithed item? Similarly, while there are a ton of Church-friendly customization options already, "a torch" would be a nice addition. Torchbearer, and all that.

5. We have "a rose" and "roses", could we perhaps get similar entries for other major flowers? Orchids, violets, and sunflowers, for example.

6. Potential oversight - we have several entries that can only be drawn in either singular form or plural, not both. "a crow" is an option, for example, but not "crows". Similarly, one can have "coins" but not "a coin"; "frowning faces", but no "frowning face"; "happy faces", but no "happy face"; "a skull", but not "skulls"; and so on and so forth.
Characters I play:
Quintin, the Artisan.
Kent

Re: Blacksmithing adornment requests

Post by Kent »

Could we have 'burnished' as a quality option, and for masterfully crafted items, 'sharp", please?
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Nobody

Re: Blacksmithing adornment requests

Post by Nobody »

Kent wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:41 pm Could we have 'burnished' as a quality option, and for masterfully crafted items, 'sharp", please?
Sharp would be good for blades and axes, though I do not recommend it for forging hammers ;)

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”